Author Topic: Lane/Mallinson  (Read 2723 times)

Offline jrosecat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lane/Mallinson
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 10 November 11 21:09 GMT (UK) »
well have been looking around for more details with this name and I think I have the right one .. Cyril Albert Charles Lane was born in the New Forest 1917 and died in 1971,mother was Gould. Annie Mallinson came from Yorkshire and was born as someone said earlier I think and 1921. Soooooooooo to get further now on mothers side I presume I have to get my friend to get a birth certificate to get her parents names and details. How does he go about getting this, does he have to apply to Yorkshire area to get it or can he apply on line? Think this tree is going to take longer than mine!! ???
Jacky

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 10 November 11 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Cyril Albert Charles Lane was born in the New Forest 1917

Where did the Charles come from as the marriage entry shows only Cyril Albert
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 10 November 11 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Soooooooooo to get further now on mothers side I presume I have to get my friend to get a birth certificate to get her parents names and details

Why - parents details were given in my reply so the birth cert won't yield any more info about them

The 1945 marriage cert will give her fathers name and also Cyril's fathers name.  If they match as Fred & Albert - I have given you the right details 

If you check freebmd there is a marriage of an Albert Lane to a spouse surname Gould in Hampshire in 1916.  The full GRO index shows her as Clara M Gould
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline jrosecat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 11 November 11 13:35 GMT (UK) »
thanks very much for reply,hope to go further now just needed confirmation I think..