Author Topic: Preece/Manley..... Burwardsley 1918  (Read 1613 times)

Offline cardiff Irish

• RootsChat Member
  • Fuair mé nuair nach maibh mé ag cúrdach
    • View Profile
Preece/Manley..... Burwardsley 1918
« on: Sunday 08 May 05 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi This is a long shot but I have put a lot of  work into this family. At Burwardsley 1918 Henry Reece Preece married Mary Lizzie Manley. Henry originally from Herefordshire he was a journeyman Baker. Mary was from Cheshire and her Father's name was William Manley.One of the witnesses was an Albert Manley.Henry Reece Preece died in 1920 aged 31 and was buried in Tattenhall.Has anyone an interest in the Manley name from either Burwardsley or Tattenhall? Here's hoping,Kevin.

Offline AmandaW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Preece/Manley..... Burwardsley 1918
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 June 05 15:56 BST (UK) »
My maternal grandmother was Mary Lizzie Manley. After Henry Reece Preece died she remarried (my grandfather) Ernest Saladine in Tattenhall in 1924. I have information on the Manleys going back to William Manley's father Ralph. I have a lot more on William Manley's wife Frances Kinsey's family, and also the Saladines. I have reserached both these lines going back to the 1600s.
Hopefully we can swap info :-)
Amanda

Offline E Henry PREECE

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 November 22 19:51 GMT (UK) »
New to this forum,and a beginner,but any contacts re the Manley family from Burwardsley,would be welcome.My Nan was Mary Lizzie Manley,maried Henry

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 November 22 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.

Kevin/Amanda have not been on here since 2005/2006 so you may not get a reply from them.
(But I hope you do)

If you need any help with the Manley/Kinsey family on here if you don't get a reply please just ask.

There are amazing people on this board willing to help.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)