Author Topic: Adam Cowan  (Read 8514 times)

Offline libbyh

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Adam Cowan
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 11 November 12 01:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am a descendant of Elizabeth Galbraith Cowan, daughter of James Cowan and Elizabeth McDonald. I saw your post here on Roots chat and would like to enter the conversation.
regards,
Libby H
Victoria, Australia

Offline 2drummond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 30 November 12 01:22 GMT (UK) »
My Grandmother is Elizabeth (Lizzy )  Galbreth McDonald Cowan and has two sister ,Isabella and Catherine . 

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 30 November 12 08:00 GMT (UK) »
The photo is probably in Bannockburn , Scotland around 1910. 

It would be worth putting the photo on the board that knows about old photos - I think it would be very unusual for women to be wearing trousers in 1910, and it looks as if they are all the same, so could it be some sort of uniform, perhaps pointing to an occupation?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline 2drummond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 30 November 12 16:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Looks likea gnu is well on track on the details on the family  :)

Just wanted to comment on what a great photo you have on the three sisters. Curious on what they were were wearing. Do you know when/where the photo was taken?

Monica  :)

I will have to check on where the picture was taken but they look like pajamas that they are wearing.    I have scanned quite a few pictures and I find it one of most interesting aspect of my ancestry.   I have searched high and low for information on Isabella and Catherine with no results. Elizabeth (Lizzy) is my grandmother who I remember quite well.