Author Topic: Charles William PAKENHAM  (Read 15928 times)

Offline Nooran

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles William PAKENHAM
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 November 11 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Do any of you researching Parkenham, have any details for any of the William Rowland's mentioned.  Especially William Rowland Thompson. 
I am searching for a William Ro/wland Thompson that was married to Henrietta Brass.  I am one of his great grandchildren.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Offline wildcats13

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: William Rowland THOMPSON
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 30 November 11 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Do you have any details, dates, location for YOUR W R Thompson. I have some details that may assist, but there are a few William Rowland Thompson's. Let me know.

Regards,

Wildcats13

Offline Nooran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 30 November 11 14:51 GMT (UK) »
This is what I have on my W R T.
Birth about 1823 ? Scotland?
Married Henrietta Brass about 1844 in Cape Colony South Africa, daughter of Henry and Rachael Brass
Henrietta was born 1827 she died 26/07/1906 in South Africa
their children:
William Ro/wland Thompson
Rosa Christina Thompson
Susanna Thompson
Henry William Thompson
I have lots of information from here on, just trying to find where William and Henrietta hail from.
Any help much appreciated.

Offline wildcats13

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re:William Rowland THOMPSON
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 01 December 11 01:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nooran,

Have checked our details and the year 1823 does not gel with the birth of WRT the second or WRT the third. Have found the following link that might help as the wife's name is Henrietta, but again timing not right if you are correct.

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE/2010-01/1263393371

There is also an article written by Joyce Newton Thompson that covers the life of our WRT, see pages 139-164. If you send me a personal message with your email address, I will attach the PDF copy that I have.

According to the article, WRT the second, was likely born in Cape Town either late 1829 or 1830, and in 1843 married Miss Anne Back, whose uncle was Sir George Back, the English Artic explorer, and from memory, WRT the third never married.

Regards,

Wildcats13

Offline Nooran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 01 December 11 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wildcats13
Thank you for the reply and the link.
The link is correct and does pertain to WRT married to Jacomina.  I am looking for his father married to Henrietta nee Brass. All I know is that he was from Scotland but not how or when he arrived in South Africa or where in Scotland he came from and his family there.  Also Henrietta Hendrina Brass, his wife, daughter of Henry and Rachael Brass.  Looking for her family as well.
The dates I have could be wrong.
I  think your William Roland born 1797 could be the one and may have married Henrietta after Margaret's death??
Regards
Nooran

Offline wildcats13

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 01 December 11 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nooran,

According to the article by Joyce Newton Thompson,WRT was devistated when Margaret died and there was no indication that he married again. Not everything is correct in the report, especially some birth dates, but well worth a read. Send me your email via personal message if you want a copy.

Regards.
Wildcats13

Offline greid

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 09 November 13 19:06 GMT (UK) »
There are 4 Pakenhams buried on our farm Saagkuilen Portion 3 at Patensie, Eastern Cape, South Africa. They are Elizabeth Emma, Jessie Margaret, Charles William and Edith Emma together with James Black. Also TP Bean husband of Edith Emma and several other Beans, a Damant, a Kirby and a Paterson. Robert Thompson Pakenham is buried at nearby Hankey.
Regards
Guy Reid

I have removed contact details to prevent abuse, use the message facility (PM) once you have made 3 more posts

Offline rutti tutti

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 11 November 13 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Guy,
Welcome to Rootschat:) Thank you so much for the above info, I am sure it will be of use. Have you submitted these grave details, and any others, to Eggsa to include in their cemetery CD that they produce each year.
We remove contact details as these posts are available to all on the web. Once you have posted 2 more posts you can send a PM to the above person and exchange details that way.
Thanks
Ruth
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline malcez

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 06 September 14 09:31 BST (UK) »
Hi all

This is an important thread and we should keep it going.
I am one of Nooran's cousins in NZ.

We have had DNA tests done by two Thompsons in South Africa.  One is a direct descendant of William Rowland Thompson and Margaret Murray (nee Pakenham born Sloan).  The other is a descendant of Henrietta Brass who is THOUGHT to have had a union with this same William Rowland Thompson.  The paternal Y-DNA is an exact match, lending support to the theory that these two branches are linked historically.

More in my next post.