Author Topic: Emily MATTHEWS birth?  (Read 28160 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Emily MATTHEWS birth?
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 26 January 12 06:36 GMT (UK) »
 ;D

NSW ER 1870 BRAIDWOOD

Aaron ANSON, freehold, Braidwood  

My fingers are crossed for you

Cheers, JM   
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 26 January 12 07:19 GMT (UK) »
Oops, forgot to include
NSW ER 1870 BRAIDWOOD
Thomas MATHEW residence Braidwood
Henry MATHEWS, residence Marlow
Henry MATHEWS residence freehold Little River Road
James MATHEWS, residence, Durham Hall, Jembaloumbone
Joseph MATTHEWS, household, Upper Araluen
Frederick MATTHEWS, household Newtown
Frank Matthews, household, Middle Araluen

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Warnock and Annie Balcombe
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 26 January 12 08:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks
I wonder if that Thomas at Braidwood happened to be married to Lucy? I think we will look at getting some transcriptions for that family and see where it goes.

If he was a miner and moving around, I wonder where he went. I can't see any more births or deaths in NSW for Thomas or Lucy.
mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 27 January 12 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Sorry mum mum - I'm not making sense of this.

Is it Annie Elizabeth Rowland, (later Matthews, later Sto(a)kes) who was supposedly born in Braidwood? And is it Annie Elizabeth whose name is listed as ANSON on Emily's sister's marriage cert?

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 27 January 12 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Judith,

At the marriage of the eldest daughter, Elizabeth Matthews, she gives her mothers name as ANSON.

At Emily's marriage she gives her mothers name as STOAKES. Some of the children use the name Matthews, some Stoakes or Stokes.

We cannot find any marriages in any of these names so I have looked for Elizabeth Anne Rowlands marriage sometime before her relationship with Edward Matthews.
I have lso looked for a marriage for Edward Matthews, and did find one but it looks like there were two Edward Matthews around the same part of NSW. The other fellow was still having a family with his wife while our fellow was in Chiltern and Rutherglen.

On a different track, we have found an Elizabeth Anne Stokes on the electoral roll, 1943. Dalley Leichhardt at 153 Elswick Street. Cant sseem to place her on any other rolls though. Then there is Ann Elizabeth Stokess death at Redfern 1945, mother listed as Caroline, age 85. Age is out by 8 years but still possible.

I have been spending time going through the roll for Liedhhardt trying to find someone else at 153 Elswick Street, up to the 'Ms' last night.

Another piece of information is that' Annie' Matthews had a fruit shop in Ardlethan and went bankrupt in 1914, she is said to have had a fruit shop in Grenfell too, most likely after this I would think if the children could remember it.

mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 28 January 12 01:28 GMT (UK) »
Death and funeral notices for Anne Elizabeth STOKES d June 1945 say that she died at her daughter's residence, 12 Bourke St, Redfern.  Daughter's name is Mrs Elizabeth May EGAN.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/27936936

And look at this marriage:
15101/1924 registered at ANNANDALE
James C EGAN   
Elizabeth M CORE

Found her!  ;D  ;D   She is buried at Botany.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 28 January 12 01:34 GMT (UK) »
Bingo, I couldn't find the daughters name. That certainly make it worth getting the death certificate then. I will strongly advise for the purchase of a transcription ASAP.

I hope to see my friend this afternoon and get her logged into Rootschat, she was having trouble getting on.

Thankyou mum mum

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Saturday 28 January 12 01:43 GMT (UK) »
HMMM

What do you think of this one?
Birth
5860/1863
Annie E VERNES
Parents John, Caroline
Reg at BRAIDWOOD

Cannot see anything at all for any other VERNES except another child Alfred born 1862 also at Braidwood

Judith

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Saturday 28 January 12 04:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Young Alfred died 1862, spelt Verness.

We are getting ahead of ourselves but I also found

Gyde Elizabeth born 1864 Braidwood to John and Caroline

Phebey Elizabeth A born 1860 at Braidwood to Thomas and Caroline.

None of these fathers hae conveniently died and had widows remarry to Rowlands.

mum mum