Author Topic: Offer: Kildrummy, Auchindoir & St Marys Cemeteries  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Bloosman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Offer: Kildrummy, Auchindoir & St Marys Cemeteries
« on: Sunday 13 November 11 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Folks,

Happy to have a look at the above graveyards to assist with anyones research although, at this time of year I'll be limited to weekends due to lack of daylight.... ;D

Dougie,
Aberdeenshire.
Forgan, Annan, Cadden, Garland, Pratt, Douglas, McMann, Murray, Gillan...

Offline SANTUDM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Offer: Kildrummy, Auchindoir & St Marys Cemeteries
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 December 11 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Dougie,

Firstly, please forgive me for my poor English. I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I would very appreciate if you would be willing to assist me with my genealogical research.
I am looking for monumental inscriptions from the Kildrummy graveyard. I am investigating the Murdoch family of Kildrummy. I am particularly interested in Alexander Murdoch´s monumental inscription. But the monumental inscription of any Murdochs of Kildrummy it would be very welcome.
Alexander Murdoch married Elizabeth Callum (or McCallum) on 6 August 1771 at Alford, Aberdeenshire.
According to his children’s birth records (circa 1793), Alexander Murdoch would have been living on the Moors of Clova, which is a short distance from Kildrummy.
Alexander Murdoch has been mentioned as a ‘farmer’ on his son Adam Murdoch’s death record (d. 1864), and as a ‘tailor in the parish of Kildrummy' on his daughter Mary (nee Murdoch) Strachan’s death record (d. 1858). The most probable is that he has died in Kildrummy.
Thank you,

Santiago

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
Re: Offer: Kildrummy, Auchindoir & St Marys Cemeteries
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 December 11 22:45 GMT (UK) »
"Alexander Murdoch married Elizabeth Callum (or McCallum) on 6 August 1771 at Alford, Aberdeenshire."

Just for information, Scotland's People has Elizabeth's surname as "Callom".

Regards

Malky