Author Topic: robert sharpe  (Read 8559 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: robert sharpe
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 November 11 10:49 GMT (UK) »
Sadly, the Robert Sharpe, son of Robert and Margaret died in 1885. So whose son was the Robert who was living with Christina in 1891? 
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 14 November 11 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Trying to gather the children together.

Christian Farish and William Sharpe seem to have married quite late (Christian a servant in Sanquar on the 1851 and William probably  with his parents) ~

Children of William and Christina who might have been the parent of Robert, jnr

Isabella - circa 1853
Robert- bpt July 1854 - not likely  now, given info and 1911 has him with only 2 living children  (added - Christina and James)
Joseph - June 1856 - wrong name!
Margaret - Nov 1859- married to a George Murray by 1881

So that only leaves Isabella and she died in 1884.

I've not found a death for him so far or any other possible births. 

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 14 November 11 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Does get confusing doesn't it  :-\

akc, is there any more info that can be added that might help? Who of the children of Robert and Jessie are you following back?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline akc

• RootsChat Veteran
  • st magnus cathedral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 14 November 11 23:02 GMT (UK) »
thanks for your efforts folks i will need a couple of days to sort them out, the person who i  started with was jean rodie sharpe stepdaughter of robert and daughter of jessie mcdill, she died in 1952 aged 37yrs

akc
Dumfriesshire: Bell, Kerr, Dickson, Hetherington
Orkney: Cursiter, Peace, Drever, Cooper, Paterson, Brock, Leslie, Malcomson, Miller, Scott
Cumberland: Charlton, Young

Offline matt muir

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 02 December 11 15:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi akc,
Have just read your post with interest.While i can't help with Robert Sharpe I can say that his wife Jessie McDill is a relative
(1st cousin x3) of mine.
She was born 31 May 1891 at Crossmichael,Kirkcudbrightshire. Her father was James McDill a shepherd 1847-1896.His 2nd wife, Jessie's mother was Wilhelmina Maltman 1845-1925. Jessie was the youngest of her parents 11 children. On the 81& 91 census the family name is recorded as "DILL".

I was a little confused with this part of your last post,
"the person who i  started with was jean rodie sharpe stepdaughter of robert and daughter of jessie mcdill, she died in 1952 aged 37yrs "
If daughter Jean was 37 when she died in 1952 would that not give her a birth year of 1915,the year after her parents marriage.
Jessie's older sister Jane Bennet McDill married a Robert Rodie.I assume that would be were daughter Jean got her middle name.
Matt

Muir,McDill/Dill,Payne,Hepburn,Ireland,Rae all in Kirkcudbrightshire.
Cotter,Liddane,Gibson all in Co Clare,Ireland.

My avatar is my G/Father--Name not known !

Offline akc

• RootsChat Veteran
  • st magnus cathedral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 02 December 11 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi matt, it is a bit confusing, i have jane rodie sharpe,s death cert on 1st april 1952, the informant is robert sharpe stepfather which gives her age as 37, but when you look her up on sp it says she is born 1914, i have not gotten around to ordering that birth cert, i am doing this tree for a relative who is a grandson of jean/jane

i also have jean rodie  sharpe,s 1st marriage to william porteous

on robert sharpe and jessie mcdills marriage cert the witnesses are james mcdill and mina rodie so that fits in with the rodie connection

i have gone back to 1700s with the mcdill side of the family but am still plodding on with the sharpes
Dumfriesshire: Bell, Kerr, Dickson, Hetherington
Orkney: Cursiter, Peace, Drever, Cooper, Paterson, Brock, Leslie, Malcomson, Miller, Scott
Cumberland: Charlton, Young