Author Topic: Sidney Frederick Abrams  (Read 15127 times)

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
Re: Sidney Frederick Abrams
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 08 December 11 15:53 GMT (UK) »
This one has turned really weird. When I first started, I found 5 births circa 1900, one of them being found in Wiltshire dated for 1902. The month date of that one has changed and the middle name has gone.
1952, Sidney F. Abrams marries a Boddy or Rowe at Paddington.
Then I find in the London phone book 1953 through to 1967, Sidney F Abrams, 13 Fairfield Drive, Perivale, London.
Sidney Cantham Adams left Durban, South Africa and arrived at Southampton 7th January 1955.
London Solicitors advertisement for Sidney Cantham Adams to contact them in 1968.
Loads of strange dead ends on this one.

Regards

Malky

Offline Paz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 08 December 11 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi everybody,

Here's an update on what I have found out.  Sidney Frederick (now calling himself Sidney Canham Abrams) died in 1991 in Melksham, Wilts.   It seems, therefore, that there was a Wiltshire connection.   At Monica's suggestion I contacted a Zambian (former S.Rhodesia) site because had Anita told me that her parents had died in 1947 and were buried in Bulawayo.   I scoured lists of burials  in 33 cemeteries but couldn't find them.   However, I have been contacted by a lady who feels that  she and Anita may be related and who has suggested that Anita's mother was born in Taung.   Anita's granddaughter will be following all this up when next she comes to visit.

Bruce Walter Abrams was born in 1932.

Many thanks to you all for your efforts.

Paz
Researching:  Hands in Sussex, Surrey and Durham; Gill in Liverpool. Wallasey and Burscough; Forshaw in Burscough and Lathom, Lancs., Matthias in London; Bray in Yorkshire and Lancashire; Charnick in London; Cliff in Yorkshire, Perren, Kempf

Offline CANABS.COM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 22 January 12 17:02 GMT (UK) »
I am the sister of Sidney Frederick Abrams.I should like to thank you for the information you have given me.One point I found very confusing is the name Sidney Cantham as my mothers name has been wrongly spelt and of course Adams was not his correct surname.He would surely have had to produce correct identification although 1955 would have been around about the time he left South Africa.Thanks again for all your trouble.Regards

Offline CANABS.COM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 22 January 12 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello barry56, I am the friend of your sister looking for information on Sidney Frederick and Emma Abrams.I have managed to find out quite a lot of info on my brothers but I am battling to find information about my parents.I confirm that my mother`s maiden name was spelt canham.I should like to thank you for your efforts in trying to help me.By the way I seen to have lost contact with your sister is she still in Hunstanton?If you could confirm that.Regards

Offline barry56

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 22 January 12 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello sister J.'s friend! She and B. were still at Hunstanton 5 weeks ago, when we last spoke. As far as I know, they still don't have email but you could send her a message via son Paul's business - go to
http://www.kingsoakkitchens.co.uk/contact.php

Offline uncle024

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 22 January 16 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Seeking info re the above who may have been born  in Scotland cerca 1900.

Many thanks in advance Paz
Have you managed to track down Sidney yet as I may be able to help.

Offline Paper_Chase

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 10 July 22 11:52 BST (UK) »
Good day to you - Paz / other family

The Parents for Bruce Walter ABRAMS were Sidney Frederick (born circa 1899, Bechuanaland) and Emma Charlotte CANHAM (born circa 1905/6). Married 5 July 1928 Vryberg, Cape. Sidney died 29 July 1947, Bulawayo. and Emma died 13 February 1948 also in Bulawayo.

I would be keen to chat to you directly about the family. Nigel Walker. Pretoria, South Africa
Walker; Copnall; Wheeldon; Bartindale; Rabbit; Hardy; Gibbs; Bydder; Aynge; Lawson; Ollerhead; Chambers; Wilson; Winters; Dartnall; Davis; Walker; Riley; Westwood; Gibbons; Harrison....and then some more !!