Author Topic: Dorset History Centre Temporary Closure Early 2012  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Dorset History Centre Temporary Closure Early 2012
« on: Tuesday 15 November 11 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Last evening at Dorset FHS Meeting I was given a flyer which reads as follows:"Early in 2012, the Dorset History Centre will be undergoing significant building work in its public research areas and other areas of the building.------------

Because of these changes the History Centre will be closed to visitors for 3 weeks. At this stage, it is not possible to give the precise dates when work is due to take place. However, we are expecting it to take place at some point in the first three months of 2012. This notice therefore serves as early notification of the need to close the building whilst work is carried out.

If you are planning to visit us in January, February or March 2012, please contact us in advance of your visit for details on likely closure dates.

Email: archives[at][/blue]dorsetcc.gov.uk  Tel 01305 250550 (Replace [at] with @)

I was a little surprised to find no mention of this closure on Rootschat when I turned to the Dorset threads.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)