Author Topic: james henderson  (Read 5181 times)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: james henderson
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 November 11 22:50 GMT (UK) »
The 1891 entry you found shows James b 1871 Oxnam - occ "Groom - domestic" and living in Galashiels Selkirk

There is a 1901 entry for a James S Henderson b 1872 Oxnam living in Peebleshire -occ "coachman domestic"

The IGI shows a James Stobs Henderson b 1871 Oxnam

I am just drawing the 2 entries to your attention in case the 1891 is the same person as the 1901 - in which case it's not the James you are looking for
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline lyndsey86

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 November 11 23:02 GMT (UK) »
I have downloaded his birth certificate and it appears he didn't have any middles names.

Ann

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 November 11 23:09 GMT (UK) »
No - he didn't.  They are 2 separate individuals with different parents who were born around the same time in the same place

What I am saying is to keep an open mind about the 1891 entry you found for James.  It could possibly be the other James.  The 1891 and 1901 occupations are very similar

People didn't always use their middle names on every census entry so the James in 1891 may be the James S in 1901 - and therefore not your James

I am just drawing the 2 entries to your attention in case the 1891 is the same person as the 1901 - in which case it's not the James you are looking for
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 November 11 23:17 GMT (UK) »
Just to clarify for others who may wish to help ~

IGI has 2 Oxnam births

James Henderson b 23 July 1869 Parents - George Henderson and Mary Laidlow - the one Ann mentioned in her first post -

he was born 1870 Oxnam, Roxburghshire, his parents were George Henderson and Mary Laidlaw.

and the  Stobs one that Carole mentions - b. 31 Jan 1871  Parents - James Henderson and Betsy Turnbull

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline lyndsey86

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 16 November 11 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Why I am trying to find James's death, he is related to my Gran. David was James brother, and I know from my cousins that James emigrated, my Mum was illegitimate, she was born well after my Gran's husband died. I do have David and James other siblings, I will look into some of the siblings offspring when I visit Register House, in Edinburgh. If I am lucky I might be able to trace some living relatives, also might get something through Genes.

Ann

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 16 November 11 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Ann

I've checked through the Ontario death records for a death 1910+/- 5 and there aren't any that fit. This probably means that he went to one of the other Canadian Provinces.

The Canadian members are very good with such searches as they know all the relevant sources - they've really helped me in the past.

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline lyndsey86

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 16 November 11 23:39 GMT (UK) »
I think he would have passed away quite a number of years after 1915.

Ann

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 16 November 11 23:43 GMT (UK) »
I read it as 1910-1917 -

so it would be roughly 1910 to 1917

I now assume that you meant that was when he emigrated  It was rather ambiguous.

Canadian death records can't be currently  accessed if the death was after 1938. 

gnu

Offline lyndsey86

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 16 November 11 23:47 GMT (UK) »
I will follow up his siblings in Scotland, hopefully I will find living relatives who might be able to determine when he died.

Ann