Author Topic: Jones/Meredith at Allt-bronddu  (Read 2230 times)

Offline blemin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jones/Meredith at Allt-bronddu
« on: Monday 21 November 11 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am trying to trace what happened to my ancestors who lived in a farm called Allt-bronddu at the time of the register of the birth of their children. Father is John Meredith, Mother is Anne Meredith (Nee Howells), children are registered at Peniel Chapel in Carno as Abraham Jones Meredith - birth 7 June 1818 (but I think he dropped the Meredith later), and John Meredith birth 21 April 1815. There was a daughter called Mary John as well, but I don't have a birth date. From here they appear to disappear. It could be because they all adopted the same name - Jones in favour of Meredith. Any ideas on how I can trace the decendants?

Offline blemin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jones/Meredith at Allt-bronddu
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 November 11 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Update - I have a theory that my Abraham is the same Abraham Jones that worked for a Farmer called Evan Chapman. Evan Chapman and Richard Jones - who may have lived at Allt-Bronddu in 1851 - appear on Abraham's wedding certificte as witnesses. Abraham married Elizabeth Benbow,  (daughter of Edward and Mary Benbow) in 1852. I have no idea what became of the Meredith folk, (Abraham's brother and sister) It was family knowledge passed down that his birth name was Meredith. Some may have kept the name. Any ideas anyone?