Author Topic: Marriage  (Read 4600 times)

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
Marriage
« on: Tuesday 22 November 11 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Hannah Pallatt born 1898/9 in Wales, married Thomas Barlow Brown in Scotland I think as he worked there.  Would like date and place.  They had one son Duncan Andrew became a doctor and married a Marie (name unknown) and had 3 sons.  Any info greatly appreciated.
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 November 11 09:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi

They married in 1925 St Giles, Edinburgh.

You'd have to get the full cert from Scotlands People www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

It's pay to view but cheaper than the E & W certs.

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 November 11 09:41 GMT (UK) »
Their son married in 1955, same place.

As they may be both still alive, I won't mention the bride's maiden name.

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 22 November 11 10:59 GMT (UK) »
Thank you,
The info that I had was that the son Duncan Andrew married in 1953 to a Marie(unknown) and they had 3 sons.  It appears that the marriage fell apart and he met and was preparing to marry a girl by the name of Beryl....
Hannah stayed with him after Tom's death and after Duncan Andrew died she went to a care home, I was looking for confirmation of the date's which you have given me.  I think that the 1955 is Duncan's second marriage.
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 November 11 11:08 GMT (UK) »
The 1955 marriage is to a Marie.

Only other ones with his name are much later - within the last 20 years.

Scotland's People don't give full dates - only year - unless you pay more. The 1955 marriage cert would have to be ordered from Scotlands People/GROS. It's not online.

gnu

Details form the site:

If the index entry pertains to a modern day record, i.e. a birth record less than 100 years old, a marriage record less than 75 years old and a death record less than 50 years old, the results page will indicate that the image is unavailable on line. You may however wish to order an extract of the record (via Scotland's People)

http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/Content/Help/index.aspx?r=551&639

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 22 November 11 13:32 GMT (UK) »
Thank you,
That would have been Duncan's first marriage, they had 3 sons.  He must have died before he married again.  You do not perhaps have the date of Duncan Andrew's death? That will complete that branch of the family except for their son's but as they are living that will not be possible.  It will conclude at least one branch of the family. :)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 22 November 11 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Do you have an approx  birth date for him and any idea where he was living. I've found one but the age is out  :-\

gnu

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 22 November 11 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Could this be his death:

Duncan Andrew Brown, Sept q, 1976, Bridlington, Yorkshire vol 7 Page 177  (date of birth 8 Nov 1927)

He must have move south of the border at some stage, if it's him.

gnu

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 22 November 11 14:11 GMT (UK) »
It is possible as apparently as after an aborted attempt to emigrate to Canada, he returned and settled in Yorkshire around Scarborough, his mother came to stay after his father died, but after Duncan died she went into a care home in Scarborough for the rest of her life.  I have tried to find Hannah's death but have not been able to, it would have to be after Duncan's.  If it is it will, as I said, put the finishing touches to one branch.