Author Topic: Marriage  (Read 4599 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 November 11 14:36 GMT (UK) »
There's this one

Hannah Browm Sept q, 1981, Bridlington, Yorkshire vol 7 p 234 (date of birth 28 Oct 1898)

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 November 11 13:21 GMT (UK) »
hi gnu

it may be my Hannah, but the info I have says she died in a care home in Scarborough. Don't know if it is anywhere near Bridlington.
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 23 November 11 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Nothing  for Scarborough.   They're about 23 mls apart.

There were changes to the RDs in 1874 (local govt reorganisation) but I don't see her there.

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 23 November 11 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Her birth registration suggests a birth Oct-Dec 1898, which ties in with the death record ~

Birth reg - Hannah Pallatt, Oct-Dec quarter, 1898, Bedwellty, Mon., vol 11a, page 126

The 1901 shows her as a 2 1/2 year old living with her parents (Abraham and Esther)  in Cardiff. This ties in with parents listed on her marriage cert to Thomas Brown - Abraham Pallatt (commercial traveller) and Esther Morris.

As she was 2 1/2 years in 1901, she was born approx. Oct 1898. This matches the birth date on the death record.

A good place to check up on places and all things UK and Ireland genealogical is Genuki - http://www.genuki.org.uk/

gnu

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 24 November 11 07:18 GMT (UK) »
Thanks gnu
It must be the right Hannah and the one for Duncan as well. It all ties up with what I have found so far for Hannah, was just missing her death and marriage dates.  Now can finalise another branch to my tree.
Were her parents witness's on her marriage certificate?  I was told that she was shunned because she married outside of her faith and her father was very Orthodox?
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)