Author Topic: Park  (Read 4363 times)

Offline LowrieT

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Park
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 27 November 11 20:38 GMT (UK) »
I lived next door to Joe Park the Builder in Galashiels.   His brother (*) is still alive and living in Gala.  However, I cannot remember what decade Joe died.  His wife Molly died about 10/12 years ago.  They had 2 children.  (*).  If I can be of help contacting (*) let me know.  I saw her the other day.

Added: Details of living people removed to protect people's identity in line with standard RootsChat policy. Please use the Private Message service (PMs) for exchange of this type of information. Thank you  :)

Anderson, Baxter (Kirk Andrews on Esk), Goodfellow, Hunter, Lowrie, Hume of Hume, Dixon, Weatherston, Weddell, Clazy.   Trotter, Happer, Gillie  all Berwickshire or Roxburghshire, Scotland

Offline Torwoodlee

• I have turned off notifications to all my topics
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 27 November 11 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lowrie

There are a few Joe Park Builders in my family.  Joe Park Senior, my great great grandfather was married to Jane Donaldson and had seven children, the eldest Jane was my great grandmother and her son Joseph Park Laidlaw was my grandfather who used to live at 180 Wood Street in Gala before he passed away in 1999.  Out of Joe Park senior's children, he had a son Joe Park who was born approximately in 1894 who was also a builder/mason.  My grandfather had a cousin Joe Park who I'm suspecting may have been your neighbour.  If you could contact (*) that would be wonderful, my mother,(*) (now Smith) would love to get in contact as would I!  I'm her only daughter Heather.  My mum and her family emigrated to Canada in 1948 but my grandparents returned to Scotland when they retired.  And, ironically, I'm now living in the UK!  My mother is still in Canada. 
I'll look forward to hearing from you again, thank you so much!

BordersLass

Added: Details of living people removed to protect people's identity in line with standard RootsChat policy. Please use the Private Message service (PMs) for exchange of this type of information. Thank you
Names:  Laidlaw, Alexander, Park, Templeton, Hood, Sanderson, Fairbairn, Davidson, Delgatty, Greig
Areas:  Galashiels Selkirkshire, Ladhope Roxburghshire, Jedburgh Roxburghshire, Morebattle Roxburghshire, Tillicoultry Clackmannanshire

Offline Beckey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 28 November 11 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Borderlass,
Joseph Park b. 26/11/1861 Ancrum, son of George Park, Builder and Isabella Wait. Married 23/12/1883 Lasswade,Edinboro, age 22, to Jane Donaldson,age 20 daug. of James Donaldson, Station Agent 7 Jane Tweedie. Wit. John Blake & Ann Park. 1891 - 1918 live 14 Gala Terr.,Galashiels.

Isabella Wait is an ancestor of my wife.
Scottish Borders - Wait Binnie Aitchison Whitelaw Sligo Fairgrieve Fairburn Robinson Plenderlieth Robson Broadwith Park Dickie Kerr Wilson Lockie Oliver Brown Scott.
Ross & Cromarty, Forsyth Bain.
Kincardine, Forsyth Lownie.
Staffordshire - Smith Steele Hallmark Colclough Dunn Booth Frost.
Shropshire - Tennant.
Sheffield - Savage England Corn Trippett.
Lincolnshire - Savage Smalley Allitt Booth Addison Kirton.
Huntingdonshire - Corn Connington Randall Baxter Booth .

Offline Torwoodlee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 28 November 11 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello Beckey

Thanks for your response!  How is your wife related to Isabella Wait?  She is my great great great grandmother from my grandfather's maternal side of his family.  My grandfather's name was Joseph Park Laidlaw.

Kind Regards
BordersLass
Names:  Laidlaw, Alexander, Park, Templeton, Hood, Sanderson, Fairbairn, Davidson, Delgatty, Greig
Areas:  Galashiels Selkirkshire, Ladhope Roxburghshire, Jedburgh Roxburghshire, Morebattle Roxburghshire, Tillicoultry Clackmannanshire

Offline Beckey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 28 November 11 10:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi BordersLass,

If I have it right, Isabella was her paternal g.g.g.Aunt, daughter of James Wait & Anne Fairgrieve.

I don't have much on the Park side from Joseph, only 4 children and nothing on them, was more interested in the Wait side.
Scottish Borders - Wait Binnie Aitchison Whitelaw Sligo Fairgrieve Fairburn Robinson Plenderlieth Robson Broadwith Park Dickie Kerr Wilson Lockie Oliver Brown Scott.
Shropshire - Tennant.

Offline Torwoodlee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 28 November 11 10:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again for the information.  I guess your wife and I are very distant cousins.  If you would like more information on the Park side, please let me know and I will be happy to forward it to you. 

Kind Regards

BordersLass

Offline Beckey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 28 November 11 11:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi BordersLass,
Would be interested in Joseph's family as no information on them at all and also the Laidlaw side as have the Laidlaws on anoth line.

Regards,
Shropshire - Tennant.

Offline Torwoodlee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 28 November 11 13:24 GMT (UK) »
I will forward the information in a personal message to you later today.

Kind Regards

BordersLass  :)

Offline Beckey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 28 November 11 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi BordersLass,

Ok.
Is there anything you want to know about George & Isabella?
Shropshire - Tennant.