Author Topic: Robert Morton Turnbull <COMPLETE>  (Read 2086 times)

Offline muso_bob

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Morton Turnbull <COMPLETE>
« on: Saturday 26 November 11 10:47 GMT (UK) »
I am still trying to pin down my correct grandfather Robert Turnbull who married Jessie Winn in 1922. He died March 1932, of that I am sure. However, the death certificate states he was 50 and his marriage certificate states he was 29. Quite a discrepancy in years born - Marriage cert suggest about 1892, Death certificate suggests 1882. One possibility I came across was a Robert Morton born Tynemouth OND 1891 10b 191 and another born JFM Tynemouth 10b 2 - the issue then was to decide which of these died JFM Tynemouth Age 8 10b 150. It would appear that both births were not the same parents!

I have a maarriage of Ada Annie Morton to Robert Turnbull at the Registry Office Newcastle Upon Tyne 3rd September 1899. In the 1901 with Robert and 1911 with Robert M census they lived at 14 Gerald Street, Benwell with son Robert still living at home. Assuming they named their Robert; Robert Morton Turnbull, their son is not the one who died in 1900, however, that does not tell me which Robert Morton Turnbull birth is the correct one. Originally I had only found one Robert Morton birth and death so dismissed this family (although after I had purchased the Robert - Ada marriage cert). Now I am not so certain that they are not my grandparents. Is there any way of choosing the correct birth of Robert Morton Turnbull without purchasing both certificates? That is my question.
Thank you, Robert   
Turnbull - (Cramlington - Northumberland)
Turnbull - (South Shields - Durham)
Winn - (Morpeth -  Northumberland)
Hill - (Staffordshire - [Wednesfield] - Shropshire [Pontesbury])
Bedwell - ([Leiston] - Suffolk) - ([London] Middlesex)
Fisher - (Suffolk)

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Morton Turnbull
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 November 11 11:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Robert

According to this:
http://twgpp.org/information.php?id=2653964

The Robert Morton TURNBULL son of Robert & Ada Annie of 14 Gerald Street, died in 1917 (WW1) age 26 (born abt 1891).

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline muso_bob

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Morton Turnbull <COMPLETE>
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 November 11 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Dear Ambly, thank you for a quick response so I am now thinking both Robert Morton Turnbull are now deceased given the 8 year old dying in 1900.
So that would complete this post I think. Thank you again, at least it is good to know that there is no need to continue.
  I am so grateful,
Robert
Turnbull - (Cramlington - Northumberland)
Turnbull - (South Shields - Durham)
Winn - (Morpeth -  Northumberland)
Hill - (Staffordshire - [Wednesfield] - Shropshire [Pontesbury])
Bedwell - ([Leiston] - Suffolk) - ([London] Middlesex)
Fisher - (Suffolk)