Author Topic: William Mardell & Sarah Roberts  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Hoppity

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Faithful Friend
    • View Profile
William Mardell & Sarah Roberts
« on: Monday 09 May 05 23:27 BST (UK) »
I need some help and advice please.

My family came from Ayot St. Peter but I have come to a standstill.  I have in my family a William Mardell and Sarah Anderson, plus family on the 1841/51/61 Censuses.  They were married in 1807.  On all three censuses William was born in Ayot St. Peter.  There are 3 William Mardell's born 1787,1789,1791 all with parents of William and Sarah.  After searching there is only one William & Sarah married 1787 in Welwyn who had a William in 1791 but this is not my family.  I have therefore got to find another William and Sarah married around the time.  Two of William Mardell and Sarah Anderson's children lived and worked in London and I guess it is a possibility that William's parents did in fact come from London. 

There is a couple - William Mardell and Sarah Roberts who married in Westminster 1778.  Also a Sarah Mardell born in Bishopsgate 1782 - parents William and Sarah. 

Is there any way I can find out whether these people moved to the Hertfordshire area?  Mainly to eliminate them from my searches. 

I cannot get up to the London Archives as I am not very mobile, so anything I could find on line, or someone I could write to would be helpful.

Any advice would be helpful as I am now at a total loss!! ???

Kind regards
Hoppity

Mardell - Hertfordshire
Sales - Kent and Hertfordshire
Daniels - Hertfordshire
Sutton - Kent
Stagg - Hertfordshire
Pilcher - Kent
Goldsmith - Kent

Offline Meliora

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Mardell & Sarah Roberts
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 June 05 14:49 BST (UK) »
Are these the families you are refering to that you have found ?

William Mardal & Sarah Tingey
married 4thDec. 1787 Welwyn

Baptisms
William Mardal  20th Jan 1788  Welwyn
Wiliam Mardal 16th May, 1790  Welwyn
both with parents  William & Sarah.

Have you tried contacting the Herts Record Office ?  I think they would be the ones to help you, their staff are very helpful.
www.hertsdirect.org/libsleisure/heritage/HALS/famhist.

good luck

Meliora
RIP 1927-2018

This information is Crown Copyright from National Archives.gov.uk

Offline Hoppity

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Faithful Friend
    • View Profile
Re: William Mardell & Sarah Roberts
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 June 05 17:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Meliora!

Thank you for trying to help.  Unfortunately these are not my family, they are the William and Sarah I wrote about. 

The William and Sarah Roberts I am searching for come from Westminster and sadly the HALs library doesnt have any information on them.  That's why I thought I would ask on here to see if anyone could track down the family.   

I am still hoping!!

Thank you so much for your time.

Kind regards
Hoppity :)
Mardell - Hertfordshire
Sales - Kent and Hertfordshire
Daniels - Hertfordshire
Sutton - Kent
Stagg - Hertfordshire
Pilcher - Kent
Goldsmith - Kent