Author Topic: Hewson family history - Book - Help  (Read 2370 times)

Offline joanneross

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hewson family history - Book - Help
« on: Tuesday 29 November 11 23:34 GMT (UK) »
I've just started researching my family tree and working on my nan's family because at 92 she is still alive and helping me all she can however I need so help as hit a brick wall.

I have seen some old posts discussing a book/leaflet called "HEWSON FAMILY HISTORY 1822" I gather it was written by a Hewson from Barnoldby Le Beck and might possibly also cover Hewson family in Tetney. I'm very keen to find out how to get a copy of this book/leaflet. I no longer live in Lincolnshire and my nan is not able to go to the main library so asking if any members know of this book/leaflet and how I might be able to order a copy?

Of course also keen to hear of anyone connected to the Hewson family in Barnoldby Le Beck, Cornelius Hewson 1854 - 1925 and Alice Audis 1859 - 1945 were my great great grandparents.

Any help much appreciated (also if I've posted incorrectly please advise as this is very new to me)

Many thanks

Joanne
Longbottom
Rendall
Hewson
Smith
Emmerson

Offline copperbeech5

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Hewson family history - Book - Help
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 November 11 00:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joanne,

Welcome to Rootschat!

When you have made 3 posts on here (just write 2 more  - as you have already done) and then you can contact the author of the message you are interested in by clicking on their name, and then on the message bit.

I have just googled "Hewson family history", and there is a fair bit comes up, but would be best for you to look!

Hope that helps,
 Best wishes,
Copperbeech5

PS, at the bottom of the rootschat opening page is a sub title of "surname interests" and if you look through that there are several in Lincolnshire.
Hutchinson - Nottingham.
Rowland - Nottingham.
Parkin - Co Durham/Nottingham.
Gardiner/Gardner/Gardener - Co Durham.
Drake - Derbyshire/Lincolnshire/Sussex/London?
Leighton - Derbyshire.

Offline joannewalker

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Hewson family history - Book - Help
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 February 17 17:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joanne
I'm very new to family research but I thought you might be interested in my family. My great grandma was Charlotte Marie Hewson of the news one who lived in Tetney. I have tried loads of times to research the family but have struggled as they were such a large family and the graveyard has many hewsons buried in it! Have you had any luck with your research?

Joanne Walker