Author Topic: Spidermonkey's Scavenger Hunt... Everyone Welcome To Join In  (Read 12403 times)

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
Re: Spidermonkey's Scavenger Hunt... Everyone Welcome To Join In
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 09:40 GMT (UK) »

And we have another Scavenger Hunt for you........ were you getting withdrawal symptoms?    ;D ;D

I think you'll like this one.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,575013.0.html

Good Luck and Good Hunting

Barbara

As usual, this Hunt will remain open for any further information which might come in.

Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline wat4

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 20 April 12 08:16 BST (UK) »
  Might have a connection John Wittup/Whitup and 25+  ways of spelling the family name.On his first marriage  certificate [ Hannah Holmes] 1847 his father's  name was John Wittup Labourer [not deceased].His second marriage [Jane Roberts] 1869  his father's name was Robert Wittup Dock Labourer [not deceased].Five children from his first marriage  John, Charles, Anne, William , Francis and Robert Henry second marriage.John died Whitby 1887.        Hope this info  is  helpful 

Thanks     Daphne 

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 20 April 12 17:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Daphne,

Thank you for that information - I think John Wittup was the brother of my Anna Wittup (3 x gt grandmother). 

I'll have to go back over this hunt - did we ever find when Robert Wittup (Anna and John's father) died?

Offline mungral

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Friday 15 April 16 02:57 BST (UK) »
Patience Matthews (1783-1863) married John Walpole (1787-1846) at Blickling in 1811. She was the daughter of Mary and John Matthews of Cawston. From 1832 to 1841, John Matthews was the victualler of the ‘Ratcatcher’s’ inn [now the ‘Dun Cow’] at Cawston, where he was the villages’ rat-catcher.