Author Topic: Scrapbooking  (Read 6098 times)

Offline Andrew C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Scrapbooking
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 14 December 11 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info I will need to do some research. I take it you are all scrap booking devotees. I am not very technical. Would some desk top publishing software be an alternative or is scrap booking definitely the way to go?

Offline mike175

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 14 December 11 12:50 GMT (UK) »
I would prefer to use the DTP method . . . that way you create it once and can then print out as many copies as you wish. And of course you could also share it on a CD/DVD or as a PDF file, etc.

Of course a scrapbook has a more personal feel about it, being a one-off.

In my case, I'm trying to write a 'proper' book but I have to keep re-writing chapters as more information comes to light! I'm also planning to put scans of all my family photos into a family album using DTP.

Mike
Baskervill - Devon, Foss - Hants, Gentry - Essex, Metherell - Devon, Partridge - Essex/London, Press - Norfolk/London, Stone - Surrey/Sussex, Stuttle - Essex/London, Wheate - Middlesex/Essex/Coventry/Oxfordshire/Staffs, Gibson - Essex, Wyatt - Essex/Kent

Offline jusnoneed

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 14 December 11 13:44 GMT (UK) »
I like to make the pages myself but it is also possible to do digital scapbooking. Google and you will find lots of info.
Masters, Parker, A'Court, Cary(ey), Cannon, Oram, Reynolds, Hennessy, Chislett,
Somerset
Muspratt,Pitman - Wiltshire, Dorset
Treasure - Stoke Lane & Sherborne