Author Topic: Collier of Ballinkillen, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow  (Read 22081 times)

Offline rajadar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Collier of Ballinkillen, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 28 April 22 17:27 BST (UK) »
Yes that's right. Have you been in touch with Anne Morris Collier.  She has a family tree done up on Ancesrty. She was a granddaughter of Bob too so would be your cousin.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 28 April 22 17:36 BST (UK) »

Yes that's right. Have you been in touch with Anne Morris Collier.  She has a family tree done up on Ancesrty. She was a granddaughter of Bob too so would be your cousin.

If this reply is directed at Elizabeth Mary C, she was last online here today at 00:51 BST (UK), but she will hopefully reply to your post.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Elizabeth Mary C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 28 April 22 21:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Jimmy
Thnak you so much for responding.
I am struggling to understand how this system works but I have responded to you on a different thread! I said in my reply that I haven't had contact with any of the Collier family other than my grandmother and mother. My grandmother was Bob's second wife (following the death of his first wife Daisy) and they just had 1 child together my mother. They parted in the 1940s so I have never had contact with my mother's half sisters - or their families. Its odd such a huge family and yet our part is tiny. As someone joked at my wedding, if the reception was my family only, I could have held it in a telephone box!!

Offline rajadar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 28 April 22 23:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Beth.
Ann and myself was researching our family and it was through this forum that we met. She is a daughter of Mauvereen who was Bob's youngest daughter from his first marriage and we actually met a few times here in Ireland. I brought her up to Ballinkillen to the old homestead. Ther is no one living there now but there is another grandson of Richard and Kate living nearby.. Bill the original starter of this thread also came over to Ireland and I met him. He was the son of Bob's sister Elizabeth. That's been a common name down through the generations of Colliers. My personal email is removed is you want to email me or ask any questions I would be glad to answer. Where are you living.

Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline ms082987

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 03 September 22 23:46 BST (UK) »
The following is the marriage date of Thomas Collier and Margaret Tracey, 7 January, 1846;  and the the rest are baptisms of their children; 12 Mar., 1843 (illigt); 20 Jun., 1847; 14 Jul., 1850; 3x? May, 1852; 27 Aug., 1854; and 23 Mar., 1857. The sacraments were all taken in Ballinkillen, Lorum. These primary sources can be viewed on the NLI Catholic Parish Registers for Dunleckney Catholic Parish. I stopped transcribing after 1857 because the registers were unreadable, i.e., there may be more children.
There is also a marriage entry on 30 October, 1830 for Thomas Moore and Margaret Collier in Kilgraney. Kilgraney is in Lorum Civil Parish,not unlike Ballinkllin
I have no doubt that these are your peeps.
You can find these entries at Carlow IGP, Dunleckney Baptism Registers. The marriage register can be accessed at the NLI Catholic Registers, Dunleckney

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 04 September 22 20:07 BST (UK) »

You can find these entries at Carlow IGP, Dunleckney Baptism Registers. The marriage register can be accessed at the NLI Catholic Registers, Dunleckney

The links-

Dunleckney Baptism Records
http://www.igp-web.com/Carlow/Dunleckney_Baptism_index.htm

Dunleckney, Diocese of Kildare and Leighlin, Co. Carlow
https://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0703

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo