Author Topic: Toni*’s OH Sc Hunt part 9  (Read 34751 times)

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Toni*’s OH Sc Hunt part 9
« Reply #45 on: Monday 19 December 11 21:38 GMT (UK) »
The only candidate I can see for the Susan Unwin dying age 74 in 1912 is always Unwin and gives her birthplace on censuses as Quendon Essex - a widow by 1901 she is previously married to Alfred Unwin living in Camberwell. So not Annie Susan.

Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 20 December 11 09:55 GMT (UK) »
well if she didn't die then she must have gone abroad under a pseudonym or her own name she may simply be listed as Mrs Urwin / Irwin
but i think she would show up on the US census or Austrialian records if she used her own name she may have gone to New Zealand  or India in fact she could have gone anywhere?

I don't think Seymour is a name we have come across before.

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 20 December 11 10:27 GMT (UK) »
well if she didn't die then she must have gone abroad under a pseudonym or her own name she may simply be listed as Mrs Urwin / Irwin
but i think she would show up on the US census or Austrialian records if she used her own name she may have gone to New Zealand  or India in fact she could have gone anywhere?

I don't think Seymour is a name we have come across before.

She could also have remained in the UK but under a different name ::)

Jan ;)

ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 20 December 11 10:42 GMT (UK) »
yes i didnt think of that :)

there is only one thing that bugs me and that is that Annie Susans family obviously approved of Alfred Urwins remarriage so she had therefore , i assume, lost contact with them / fallen out of favour with them / disappeared.

another thing is that later Georgette and Rosina use the name Cullmer and not Urwin to marry.
Now Georgette i understand she was at least 8 when her mother disappeared and would have remembered her and may not have got on with Sarah Skidmore Hudson and thus used the name Cullmer her mmn. but Rosina was only a baby b. 1866 Mother disappeared 1866 - April 1869
would she really remember her mother ?
she obviously looked up to her big sister Georgette

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

Offline regross

• RIP 16th November 2012
  • Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • paper doll fashionista
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 20 December 11 11:37 GMT (UK) »
hi,
 I considered the possibility that Annie Susan might have left her husband and taken up with someone else,  possibly emigrated and died under his name either in the UK or overseas.

But of course the presence of her family at his second marriage would seem to put an end to that consideration, unless of course she was disowned by them for something she may have done (unlikely of course).

Of course there is also the possibilty that her surname at death has been dreadfully transcribed  not resembling any of teh possible names you have been looking at.

I will continue to think and search for Annie Susan

Robyn
The following families and their Australian decendents:
Abbott, Barnard, Clarke, Inward, Lanfear, Rutter,Spencer:Middlesex
Greenaway:Cornwall
Edney, Godwin/Goodwin, Gullett:Hampshire;
Gullett:Devon
Emms:39th Regiment of Foot 1810-1832
Gordon:Scotland
Arnold, Morton:Ireland
Davies:Wales
Olcorn:Cumberland
Osborne:Staffordshire
Harrington:Kent
&
Gross: Tullau Wurtmemburg Germany

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 20 December 11 11:43 GMT (UK) »
it also occured to me that Annie Susan may have remarried and had a different surname but still she would have had the name Annie Susan. and may have had little Elizabeth Selina with her for whom i cannot find abirth
maybe she was registered under femal ?

is there anyway to search for a death for Annie Susan with a birth year of 1835 ? remember that after 1866 ages were given so what if she died giving bith to Rosina Sarah (christened 11 May 1866)

another question because she is recorded as the childrens mother at their christening does this mean she was actually present ?

and one more thing Georgette Urwin was born 1858 and i think that Annie Susan and Alfred married in 1859 so is Georgettes father not Alfred then ?

Offline Aceh

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 20 December 11 20:56 GMT (UK) »
I was in town today so this afternoon I visited the LMA seeking properly to dispatch Annie Susan:

1. Workhouse & Workhouse infirmary records - apparently the LMA's records don't start until around 10 years after we need them.

2. Outer London cemeteries - by the 1860s all of the London church yards were full of course. Records not held by the LMA - one has to go to the actual cemetery and beg to be able to check its mouldering unindexed ledgers! Not on line as far as the LMA knows. 
:(
CUL(L)MER: N, E + SE London 19 cent, E Kent pre 1830, New York post 1850, Vic Australia post 1850
JOHNSON: (dockers/ropemakers) Tower Hamlets pre WWII
OSBORN:(dyers, scourers & gloove cleaners) Hoxton, Islington, Clerkenwell pre 1900
KEWLEY: Bradford 1830-1913, IoM pre 1850
CANNELL: IoM pre 1820
FABB: Cambridge
COLE(S): Warks/Oxon border pre 1830
RILEY: (RC) Bishopsgate area pre 1800
HALE: Brighton pre 1850
KIPPS: E Kent pre 1750
HARDING: MEOT post 1850, Bath Area pre 1850
PARTINGTON Lancs

Offline Aceh

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 20 December 11 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Toni,

Annie Susan was baptised (along with her elder brother George Isaac) in 1833. It was Alfred, who from census data, appears to have been born in 1835. I can find no baptism record in Dover for him and of course they are all before BMD registration was introduced.
CUL(L)MER: N, E + SE London 19 cent, E Kent pre 1830, New York post 1850, Vic Australia post 1850
JOHNSON: (dockers/ropemakers) Tower Hamlets pre WWII
OSBORN:(dyers, scourers & gloove cleaners) Hoxton, Islington, Clerkenwell pre 1900
KEWLEY: Bradford 1830-1913, IoM pre 1850
CANNELL: IoM pre 1820
FABB: Cambridge
COLE(S): Warks/Oxon border pre 1830
RILEY: (RC) Bishopsgate area pre 1800
HALE: Brighton pre 1850
KIPPS: E Kent pre 1750
HARDING: MEOT post 1850, Bath Area pre 1850
PARTINGTON Lancs

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday 21 September 12 13:53 BST (UK) »
does any one know if their are records for the London Road-car Company ?

i found this on google

http://www.victorianlondon.org/publications6/horse-01.htm

a bit about horses in London where it mentions it but i was looking for actual records

as thats where Warren worked