Author Topic: SCARBOROUGH Family  (Read 4445 times)

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
SCARBOROUGH Family
« on: Saturday 17 December 11 12:01 GMT (UK) »
My Ann SCARBOROUGH married William CARLISLE 1789 Westminsiter London.
I'm trying to find who Ann SCARBOROUGH's parents were..Ann b c 1764.

Have found a William SCARBOROUGH in family records which notes William SCARBOROUGH from St Noet.

http://www.londonlives.org/index.jsp

Regards
Yonks Ago
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: SCARBOROUGH Family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 December 11 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Stephen & Ann Scarbrow baptised a number of children in St Neots from 1765 onwards including Ann on 29 Oct 1767, and William on 14 Oct 1772. Stephen was described variously as yeoman and maltster. This might be the right family. You need to check the Westminster marriage entry to see if Ann was of St Neots, but the trial evidence seems to show that Ann Carlisle and William Scarborough were siblings

There's no marriage of Stephen Scarbrow on Hunts Marriage Index, but the IGI, an extracted entry, shows the marriage of Stephen Scarbrow and Ann Sutton at Old Warden, Beds, 13 miles from St Neots, on 24 Apr 1764. The parish register describes Stephen as of St Neots and Ann a minor, with parents' consent, so this looks to be the right marriage.

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 December 11 01:55 GMT (UK) »
Bedfordshire boy,

Thank you for replying to my quest on the SCARBOROUGH/SCARBROW family. You have given me something to work on only can you please send me the links that you found these marriage and birth's I can't seem to find them. I have looked at https://www.familysearch.org/

I'm getting into unknown territory as not knowing the U.K. & not ventured into these years of research.
Thank you
Yonks Ago
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 July 15 15:12 BST (UK) »
I must have missed your last post , probably because I was visiting family in England for Christmas. Apologies for not replying to it.

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock