Author Topic: Stillborn Neely twins  (Read 1656 times)

Offline caoimhin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Stillborn Neely twins
« on: Tuesday 20 December 11 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Grandparents, Alexander (Sandy) and Jeannie (Jane) Neely were parents to twin babies who were stillborn. The year of birth approximately between 1935 and 1939. The family lived in Tamnyrankin near Swatragh. Apparently the children had a burial but no-one seems to know their names or resting place.

Does anyone know how I can find out please?

Thank you

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stillborn Neely twins
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 December 11 15:08 GMT (UK) »
Stillborn children will not have a birth or death certificate, may not have been given a name (unlike now where it seems to be more common to name all babies and talk about them), are unlikely to have had a family notice published in the local newspaper and may not have been buried in a family plot which may make it impossible for you to get the information you are looking for. Have you checked the records of the church the family attended to see if there are any clues? Family Bible? Also, have you tried asking all known relatives? sometimes stories are passed down in one branch of a family but not others.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline caoimhin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stillborn Neely twins
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 December 11 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Thank you aghadowey

I will start the search closer to home, hopefully there will still be some local knowledge