Author Topic: WILLIAM STENHOUSE - MARGARET ???  (Read 2258 times)

Offline PJ Campbell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WILLIAM STENHOUSE - MARGARET ???
« on: Tuesday 20 December 11 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

I'm wondering if anyone can help me.  I'm looking for information on a marriage of a William Stenhouse to a Margaret (surname unknown) sometime between 1885 and 1991.  What information is on this marriage record.  I'm wondering if this is the son of George Stenhouse & Mary Ann Gregor.  In the 1891 census they have a son George aged 1 month.

Many thanks

ElenaPJW

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAM STENHOUSE - MARGARET ???
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 December 11 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked at young George's birth registration on ScotlandsPeople?  You can view the entry for a small amount (in credits) and it should include the date of their marriage in addition to Margaret's maiden name.

http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

You can then go for the marriage entry and find both sets of parents' names.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Anna Williams95

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 February 24 11:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi! I believe George died and was buried in Australia.

I’m related to the Stenhouse family as follows:

John Wilson Stenhouse (1874-1931) coalminer, gaoled trade union leader, shire president
Birth: 22 April 1874 at Liberton, Midlothian, Scotland, son of James Stenhouse (1854-1928), miner, and Mary Baillie, née Wilson (1853-1918). Marriage: 1899 at Minmi, NSW Australia to Janet Johnston (1881-1941). They had two daughters. Death: 30 August 1931 at Belmont, Lake Macquarie, New South Wales. Religion: Presbyterian.
Arrived in Sydney on 6 December 1878 with his parents aboard the Hanaford. Like his father, who worked at the Duckenfield and Back Creek colliery and in 1884 was a representative of the Minmi miners, John Stenhouse also became a miner.
Lived at West Wallsend from about 1889. In 1903 electoral roll, both James and John Wilson Stenhouse were recorded as miners.

Offline Unë kthimi i papenduar

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 February 24 14:54 GMT (UK) »
A George Gilchrist Stenhouse born 15 February 1891 (16 East Thomas Street Edinburgh) to William Stenhouse (Bellhanger) and Margaret Jane Archibald Stenhouse nee Webster married August 29 1890.
William was the son of  George Stenhouse (Brass Finisher) and Mary Gregor.  Margaret's parents were John Webster (Plasterer) and Margaret Kennedy.