Author Topic: Michel Fay & Julia Moran  (Read 7566 times)

Offline wisteria16

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Michel Fay & Julia Moran
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 December 11 19:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tara,

Once again - many thanks.  The format of obtaining records in Ireland is different here in England.  From your comments regarding
hand writing on old documents it is likely that Moran could be seen as Horan.  I will ask my elderly neighbour if he wishes me to get this certificate for him.  I am doing this research on his behalf and I am not sure how much he is prepared to spend to obtain certificates to confirm the information I've already found.  The information that you have kindly given me will enable me to get these certificates if he so wishes :).
wisteria16

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 December 11 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Glad to be of some help !!

Tara

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 28 December 11 20:28 GMT (UK) »
I will ask my elderly neighbour if he wishes me to get this certificate for him.  I am doing this research on his behalf and I am not sure how much he is prepared to spend to obtain certificates to confirm the information I've already found.  The information that you have kindly given me will enable me to get these certificates if he so wishes

just a reminder, the records on RootsIreland/IFHF are transcripts of parish records rather than certs - you dont get to see the originals registers, just typed details.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests