Author Topic: Sweden query.....Busch  (Read 14327 times)

Offline amielou86

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sweden query.....Busch
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 18 January 12 22:03 GMT (UK) »
I don't I'm afraid. I know that is the correct marriage and have those details for it but don't have the actual certificate

Amie
Prosser - Worcestshire, Newport, Pontypool (http://myprosserfamily.tribalpages.com)
Rees - Glamorganshire, Pontypool
Morgan - Pontypool & Trelleck (http://morganspontypool.tribalpages.com)
Buckley - Tipperary, Waterford, Newport, Pontypool
Ryan - Newport & Pontypool
Jeffreys - Cardiff & Somerset
Martin - Cardiff & Somerset
Perkins - Cardiff, Cambridgeshire
Cutlan - Cardiff, Leicester, Yorkshire

Offline janrm

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Pre 1905 Union flag, "Sildesalaten"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 19 January 12 07:04 GMT (UK) »
Well I checked the parish registers for Östra Nöbbelöf, Kristianstads 1834-1836, and one did come up:

There was a baptism for twins Marten & Lars Larsson on 19th or 20th October 1834 to Nils Larsson and Elsa (or Ella) Martensdotter

I can send you the baptism if you send me a PM with your e-mail address, it is in Swedish and I do not read Swedish so afraid I don't know what the other bits say (there are usually several godparents mentioned etc)

Jenny

Hi Jenny!

You are 95% there, I will post the original baptism record in the other topic shortly!

Jan
"Doing Norway and a bit Sweden...!"

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 19 January 12 08:02 GMT (UK) »
In that case Aime, I would recommend you order the marriage certificate from the GRO as it will hopefully save you chasing the wrong family. Hopefully it confirms Nils Larsson as his father.

Thanks Jan, I am sure that Aime will appreciate the other details  ;)

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline patriksas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Genealogist from Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 23:19 GMT (UK) »
Well I checked the parish registers for Östra Nöbbelöf, Kristianstads 1834-1836, and one did come up:

There was a baptism for twins Marten & Lars Larsson on 19th or 20th October 1834 to Nils Larsson and Elsa (or Ella) Martensdotter

I can send you the baptism if you send me a PM with your e-mail address, it is in Swedish and I do not read Swedish so afraid I don't know what the other bits say (there are usually several godparents mentioned etc)

Jenny
Hi
I have lots of ancestors from Östra Nöbbelöv and Brantevik.
Two remarks:
1. Brantevik is divided by two parishes, Östra Nöbbelöv AND Simris.
2. In those days they used patronymicon = the child was given the last name after the father's first name.
That means that Lars Larsson's father should have been called Lars.
In this actual case, the one you are looking for was born in Brantevik, Ö.Nöbbelöv 11th November 1834.
Parents: Fisherman Lars Jönsson, born 1802-08-20 in Löderup and Nilla Hansdotter (=daughter of Hans) born 1801-07-20 in Brantevik, Ö.Nöbbelöv.
Greetings / Patrik
Swedish county Scania (Skåne) and emigrants

Offline patriksas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 08 March 12 00:02 GMT (UK) »
And the earlier generation:
Grandparents of Lars Larsson:
Farmer Jöns Svensson, born 1770-10-06 in Löderup
Wife Bengta Andersdotter, born 1785-03-30 in Ullstorp

Fisherman Hans Nilsson, born 1767-06-09 in Viarp, Simris
Wife Boel Ingvarsdotter, born 1766-08-29 in Brantevik, Ö.Nöbbelöv
*Hans Nilsson drowned 1814-09-03 in a terrible tragedy at sea, where 11 people from Brantevik died on open sea just near the german island Rügen. Hans and three others' bodies were found and buried in the church in Altenkirchen of Rügen.

(I myself have got ancestral connections to both Jöns Svensson and Boel Ingvarsdotter, back on the 17th century)

Offline janrm

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Pre 1905 Union flag, "Sildesalaten"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 16 March 12 07:15 GMT (UK) »
"Doing Norway and a bit Sweden...!"

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 16 March 12 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jan, I wasn't aware of this....so will definitely check it out  ;)
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline patriksas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 17 March 12 23:31 GMT (UK) »
Yes, if you use the Arkiv Digital service you can paste this link Östra Nöbbelöv AI:10 (1872-1880) Bild 200 / sid 206 (AID: v105031.b200.s206, NAD: SE/LLA/13525) and find that Lars Larsson was mentioned as a seaman together with his brother Jöns Larsson (born 1839-12-17) and that Lars Larsson was an officer (befäl) in Cardiff in England(!)

Offline amielou86

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 17 March 12 23:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Patrik,

That's amazing! But would that make him an officer in a British regimental system or an officer by Swedish Standards? Do you happen to know what his occupation is listed as in your records as over in Sweden or is he only listed as a dock man (as he is in Cardiff records), which could be a variety of occupations relating to the docks.

I have been told by family that at the time, Cardiff docks was the biggest in the world (a fact that now I see my roots I am very proud of!).

I can provide records of Lars' movements once he arrived in Cardiff if you are interested

Amie
Prosser - Worcestshire, Newport, Pontypool (http://myprosserfamily.tribalpages.com)
Rees - Glamorganshire, Pontypool
Morgan - Pontypool & Trelleck (http://morganspontypool.tribalpages.com)
Buckley - Tipperary, Waterford, Newport, Pontypool
Ryan - Newport & Pontypool
Jeffreys - Cardiff & Somerset
Martin - Cardiff & Somerset
Perkins - Cardiff, Cambridgeshire
Cutlan - Cardiff, Leicester, Yorkshire