Author Topic: POSTLES in Cefn Bychn  (Read 6992 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: POSTLES in Cefn Bychn
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 31 December 11 20:17 GMT (UK) »
As far as Trefnant is concerned the MIs  have been published by Clwyd FHS.I will look at Cefn Mawr Library in the new year.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Stormybay

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 31 December 11 23:36 GMT (UK) »
well, I have goosebumps with all of your help....thank you gnu (my favourite word for scrabble), maidmarion and wrj.

I have followed up on some of the information.  Yes, I do have Grenville in my tree but I thought the wife's name was Corrie Richards - married in 1922.  The father was George Owen Postles.  So welcome, cousin, William Russell Jones!  Do not know the rules but perhaps we could connect more directly to share information???

Interesting that James the grandfather was married to a Richards. 

There are also several Parry connections.  My gt grandmother Eunice, d/o Margaret Elizabeth married Edwin Edwards of Chirk, born at New Hall farm.  He was a terra cotta maker and moved to Cwmbran to become foreman of the brickworks.  They brought with them  young Thomas Parry who was on the census with them in 1901.  Thomas was the son of Eunice Postles Parry who was the aunt of my Eunice.  I think he may have returned to the north before the 1911 census.

I have also pursued the list of Clwyd parish connections (thank you MM) and think I can resolve five of them.  James and Mary had a son George who died at the age of 10 and so I am guessing that the three of them are buried together as they are all in the Ruabon Vol 15 list of burials.
Elizabeth who died in 1876 was the wife of the first son, John, and she died at age 32 - her maiden name was Williams. 

Postle or Postles is a fairly unusual name - somewhat of a relief after look for people named Thomas Thomas, Edward Edwards and Robert Roberts!!! but equally challenging in tracking them down.  My family pronounces the name with a soft "o" while I note that on the USA networks, it is read as a long "o" sounding like the postman! 

Thank you all so much.

Monmothshire:  HOUSE, THOMAS, EDWARDS
Somerset:  HOUSE
Norfolk:  SIMPSON, THOMPSON, GRAPES, SPOONER, LOWNE, HOOKS, FOX
Suffolk:  CADE
Essex:  UNDERWOOD, CADE, DARBY
London & Middlesex:  THOMPSON, COCKRAM, CADE, BUTT, BANNER, MIDDLETON, NORRIS, DUNN
Wiltshire:  BUTT, HOUSE, GILES
Leicestershire:   GREENWAY
Denbeighshire & Shropshire:  EDWARDS, POSTLE, ROBERTS, HUMPHREYS, MORRIS
Lancashire:  BANNER, COZENS

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 31 December 11 23:50 GMT (UK) »
I'm connected to the"Carrie" Richards born in Rhosymedre in 1902 as her mother was a Margaret Jane Gabriel born in Llangollen in c 1860.Margaret married a Hezekiah Richards.Margaret is part of my Gariel family.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline jacmadge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 13 July 15 22:14 BST (UK) »
I know that this tread happened several years ago now.........but I am trying to trace my Gt Gt Grandmother. My Gt Grandmother was Mary Jones born Cefn Bychan in 1875. As there are so many Mary Jones born around that time it would be rather costly to order all the birth certs. However I did order her youngest sister that was born Chadderton, Lancs. From her birth cert I have discovered her mother was Margaret Postle married to William Jones both born Cefn. The only Margaret I can find is your Margaret Elizabeth, I was wondering if this might be who I am looking for. The problem I have is that I cannot find a marriage for WJ and a Margaret Postle or Roberts. As I understand from the thread John and Margaret split up and he later remarried. Do you know if Margaret remarried? or indeed whether there was even a divorce which I believe would exclude remarriage. Although I think Mormons practiced polygamy around this time??

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 08:38 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.I'm also not finding a marriage for a William Jones and a Margaret Postle.Does the younger sister's birth cert indicate a maiden name for Margaret of Postle?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline jacmadge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 19:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks WRJ!

I have been doing some more reading around the subject as it were and I see you have been involved with the search for the Postles for some time! The birth certificate for Miriam Jones (my Gt Grandmothers' youngest sister) states mothers maiden name as Postle. I have been in touch with someone from Lincolnshire that is descended from her brother and she also has the birth certificate for her relative and the birth certificate also states Postle. It is known that Margaret was a seamstress working at Chirk Castle, she worked on the household linen and staff uniforms. The census of 1891 when they were living in Chadderton has Margaret as a dressmaker which would tie in with working at Chirk.
The earliest birth for the Jones children is 1872 Sarah Ann. The earliest births are in Cefn Bychan before they moved initially to Cannock and then on to Chadderton following the coal mining industry. There is no mention anywhere of either Eunice or Alice.
I see from Stormybays' posts that Margaret's first husband left her and remarried. He then struggles to find any further mention of her. My hypothesis is that she took up with William Jones but was unable to marry him as she was still legally married to John Roberts.
I was wondering if you were still in contact with Stormybay to see if he thought my idea might be a goer. I dont like adding to my tree unless I am confident of my sources but some of this is on my tree if you would like to take a look at it on Ancestry it is Hines/Bradbury.
Sorry this has turned out a bit of a ramble but there were a lot of things I wanted to discuss.
Thanks
Jacqui

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 23:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jacqui.reply to this comment about your family tree on ancestry then I'll be able to send you a private message.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 18:52 BST (UK) »
As far as Jacqui's query is concerned,after a somewhat exhaustive search I was able to find all her info and have been in touch with her via another Site.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire