Author Topic: Worcester History Centre look up please *COMPLETED*  (Read 1708 times)

Offline BobbiL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Worcester History Centre look up please *COMPLETED*
« on: Saturday 31 December 11 22:34 GMT (UK) »
Harold Stone, death registered in the Jan-Feb-Mar quarter of 1932 located on BMD-UK, buried in Worcester Astwood Road Cemetery per his direct relative.
I appreciate any help discovering the exact date of death and/or burial and location.

Thank you so much for anything you can do.
Bobbi

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
Re: Worcester History Centre look up please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 January 12 11:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bobbi

Im on Christmas/New Year holiday in the county of my birth & as I was born in Astwood Rd (a long way from the cemetery) I will have a look at the burial registers for the Cemetery for you

All the very best

Phil
Weston-super-Mare
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline BobbiL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 January 12 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much, Phil.  I am also a long way from the cemetery, in the U.S. I really appreciate your offer to look up that information for me. I was told that my family used to take the train to Weston-super-Mare for a holiday. As a child, I remember thinking it was Western-super-Mare and wondering if they ever went to Eastern-super-Mare instead.

I hope you have an enjoyable holiday.

Bobbi

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bobbi

Worcester, Astwood road cemetery
page 2392  entry 47837
Harold Stone, Wagon Builder, no fixed abode, Died at 1A Tallow Hill Worcester, aged 70 years, burd on 11 JAN 1932,  grave number 22031, concecrated ground.

I hope that this is of help to you

All the very best

Phil
ps the burrial was overseen by Rev Higgigs

the sourse for this was the film of the cemetery records held at Worcester History Centre
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline BobbiL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Worcester History Centre look up please *COMPLETED*
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Well, I'm a little choked up here, Phil, as I'm so thrilled to have this information. It is more than I was even hoping for. I hope that you were not greatly inconvenienced in locating this news of the final resting place of my grandfather.

All the immediate family had moved from Worcester to Canada and the U.S. by this time. My father last saw my grandfather in 1929.

This is a huge piece of my family history now in place, thanks to you.

Please accept my most heart-felt appreciation.

Bobbi

*COMPLETED*

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 January 12 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bobbi

Think nothing of it & in answer to your question - it put me to no trouble at all & if you would like me to do any look ups for you in Worcester (if you know the parish & or rough year to search) I will be glad to try my best on another holiday as its easier for me to do it that you  ;)

All the very best

Phil

ps I do a lot of look ups for rootschat members (when able) as I have had a lot of help from these pages in the past
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 19 January 12 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara

Try this - type "polycarp" into google & you will get a lot of references to Redditch fishing tackle

All the very best

Phil
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline BobbiL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 19 January 12 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello Phil,

Nice to hear from you. Thanks for continuing to offer suggestions. Google. Why didn't I think of that?
I'm looking for complicated things to try and haven't even tried Google. So I will do that for Polycarp.

I have spent time at the local FHC and looked on Find My Past, The Genealogist and Ancestry. Still trying to find more pieces to the puzzle and see how they fit. I believe that I have found the parents of Hubert Allcock to be John Allcock and Jane Harris Allcock, married in 1847. Hubert was born in 1849. A Hubert is on a census with them as a 22-year-old.

I am also trying to identify which John Thompson in Worcester/Redditch is mine. John is the brother-in-law of the Harold Stone whose burial location you were kind enough to find for me.

John is the son of Joseph Thompson and Bridget Rainsford Thompson. I have found very little about him as the name is so common in that area with many John Thompsons being around the same age.

I found Information on a Mt. Carmel Catholic Church, Redditch, baptism record in which Thompson was spelled Thomson and Bridget was spelled Bridgette with a maiden name of Rainsford. The birth date showed as 12 March 1856.

That would fit as John's older sister was born in 1850 (Dublin) and his younger sister was born in 1861 (Shrewsbury).

I've lost John as an adult and don't know if he married or to whom. I have a photo taken by my father in the late 1920s of an older gentleman labeled "Uncle Jack," so he lived to be an older age. So I'll keep looking.

Thanks again, for your help, Phil.

Bobbi