Author Topic: Caulfield - Corfield  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Pauline H

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Caulfield - Corfield
« on: Monday 02 January 12 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi - the following information is all I have at this time pertaining to the birth of Mary Ann Caulfield (Corfield) born c 1831 at Roscommon. She emigrated to Australia prior to 1862 where she married an Edward Roberts in Melbourne of that year. Edward was born c 1830 at Chester England. I have nothing more to offer here and do not have any info on her family. I am assuming she actually emigrated with Edward and not with her own family, and the only reason I say this is because she would have been around 30ish. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Caulfield - Corfield
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 January 12 13:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Mary Ann's birth is  before the start of civil records, and quite early for surviving baptismal records. You would need to know specifically where in County Roscommon your family lived i.e. the town, townland and parish and also need to know what denomination they were.
I have looked in 1861 English census for her but can't see her.

Griffiths Valuation has several entries for the Caulfield name.
http://www.askaboutireland.ie/griffith-valuation/index.xml

Is there any way you can find out further more detailed information?

heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Pauline H

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Caulfield - Corfield
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 January 12 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello heywood, thank you for your reply. The info I gave, as mentioned was all I had. I do have the date August 1862 for Mary and Edwards marriage which apparently took place in Melbourne Australia, as I bought the birth certificate of one of their children. In actual fact in one column it states her name as Mary Caulfield, age 32 and born at Roscommon Scotland????. I could not find Roscommon in Scotland and thought they had made an error, hence why I went for Roscommon in Ireland.