Author Topic: Gwenllian Rees from the Rhondda Area  (Read 2904 times)

Offline glamboy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gwenllian Rees from the Rhondda Area
« on: Tuesday 03 January 12 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am researching Gwenllian Rees she lived in Trealaw in the Rhondda, her maiden name was Morris she married William Enoch in Merthyr Tydfil and when he died she married John Rees from Llansamlet Swansea. She had 4 sons William, Gomer, Enoch W and Elias by William Enoch and 2 daughters Gwenllian and Esther with John Rees.

Any info would be appreciated.

Offline Greygirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Gwenllian Rees from the Rhondda Area
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 January 12 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Glamboy
Can you give us any idea when these children were born? I've found two Gomer Enochs b1871 Merthyr Tydfil and also b1895 Pontypridd, only one Enoch William Enoch b1864 Merthyr Tydfil and two Elias Enochs b1869 Merthyr Tydfil and 1891 Pontypridd
Also, should you have posted this in the Glamorgan section?
Best Wishes,
Greygirl
Lloyd (Ystumtuen, Llanfihangel y Creuddyn) Powell (Rhondda, Merthyr Tydfil, Llanspyddid) Yearsley (Monmouth, Ruardean) Faust (Gelsenkirchen, Dortmund & Waltersbrück/Bischhausen) Führen (Eschweiler, Duisburg and Kranenburg/Grafwegen)

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 January 12 23:00 GMT (UK) »
It would appear she had a daughter Elizabeth in 1867 Aberdare with William Enoch and he was a harpist (William that is on 1871 census)
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline glamboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 January 12 18:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi

The Gomer Enoch I am researching was born in Aberdare in 1861 his brother Elias was born in 1869, are you related in any way to these people.

I didn't know there was a Glamorgan section of Rootschat

Regards glamboy