Author Topic: gormans of kilteely area  (Read 4007 times)

Offline newportshropshire

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
gormans of kilteely area
« on: Wednesday 04 January 12 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi
 I am looking for information on Michael Gorman b 1886 Co LIMERICK I would like some information on his Father and Mother

In 1901 he was a servant to John Maher and his sister Bridget Mayer at No 8 Ballynagrana Ballinderry Tipperary.

In 1907 he Married Catherine Greene somewhere in that area.

In 1911  Michael and Catherine ( Kate ) Gorman were living at No 3 Ballenlough Co Limerick.At the same house was Patrick a son aged 3, William a few months old. John Greene Nephew and Mary Benson an aunt from London.

any information please.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: gormans of kilteely area
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 January 12 20:22 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat  :)

For searchers' information here is another thread you have about the same family:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,573129.msg4254358.html#msg4254358

Michael in 1901 is shown as born in Tipperary Do you know that this is definitely your Michael?

The aunt, Mary Benson, is born Limerick in 1901 so things may not be as they seem and she is in Ballinlough then.

You could send for the marriage details of Michael and Catherine and would then get his father's name. That would be best. http://www.groireland.ie/

I am interested though re the Tipperary born Michael - if it is the right one.

heywood

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline newportshropshire

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 January 12 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Haywood

The 1911 census is right as I have said in my post In 1938 Michael 1886 moved from that house to england I know this to be true. However the 1901 census could well be wrong as I have found another michael Gorman 1886 working for someone in Tipperary We also had a relative living at Wonderhill nr Ballenlough. My wifes Father who was a son of Michael 1886 lived in No 3 Ballenlough from when he was born until the family moved to England in 1938.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 January 12 22:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I was only bothered about the 1901 information - as Michael was shown as  born in Tipperary.

I had seen this one:
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Limerick/Templebredon/Ballynagreanagh/1515633/

and wondered re the name Mahony (this family) and Mahon who you stated.

As I said, the marriage certificate would give you his father's name.

regards
heywood

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 06 January 12 22:19 GMT (UK) »
There are no Gorman/ O' Gorman in 1901 and 1911 in Ballinlough, Kilteely area.

As the Greene family are there and aunt Benson in both censuses , I wonder if Michael is from a different part of Limerick originally.

Offline BenThomas21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 29 August 19 10:58 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I know this post was a long time ago but I was just wondering if you found out any more information? My Grandmother is a daughter of Michael and Kate (I found Kate as Kate Healy on the birth documents of their children), I know they moved to Staffordshire, where my family still are now.

Thanks

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 29 August 19 13:22 BST (UK) »
Do these Gormans have any Australian cousins?

chewers
Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.