Author Topic: Newbie problems  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie problems
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 January 12 01:27 GMT (UK) »
... and a big welcome from me too.

If you can't remember which thread you posted your query on all you have to do is look at the top of the Welcome page for "Profile" and click on the word. 
This will take you to your own profile page... then down at the bottom of that page click on "View the last posts by this member". 
You will then be shown a page of your postings - click on the heading of the post you want to access.

Happy hunting and Happy New Year  :)

Rena in Lancashire
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline WidnesSandy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 05 January 12 21:09 GMT (UK) »
I am much encouraged by the very friendly responses to my newbie problems. I will persist. I owe it to all the many people who have encouraged me to persist.

Thanks again everybody. Norman

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 05 January 12 21:51 GMT (UK) »
Just holler if you need assistance - there's plenty of people who are willing to help if they can.

For instance, there's eleven postings on your thread but if you look at your subject heading, 236 other people have actually stopped to read the thread in case they could help.
(247 minus 11 = 236 other people)

Topic: Newbie problems  (Read 247 times).

Best Wishes for 2012  :)

Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline WidnesSandy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 05 January 12 23:05 GMT (UK) »
It really an in interesting find and everyone is being so kind. Thanks to all. Norman

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 05 January 12 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Just holler if you need assistance - there's plenty of people who are willing to help if they can.

For instance, there's eleven postings on your thread but if you look at your subject heading, 236 other people have actually stopped to read the thread in case they could help.
(247 minus 11 = 236 other people)

Topic: Newbie problems  (Read 247 times).

Best Wishes for 2012  :)

Actually, not quite accurate. I've read this thread each time a reply has been added as others probably have   ;)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 06 January 12 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello again

Could I say how happy I am that WidnesSandy joined RC and that he contacted me. (See Reply #5)

Because of this, I went back to my Sandland files and did some more checking and have just found another will on the Welsh Nat Lib site that further confirms my Sandland links and confirms the name of the wife of my 5 x great grandfather, William Sandland  8)

I'll  send more details via e-mail  :)

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline mrs.tenacious

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 06 January 12 15:13 GMT (UK) »
and another big welcome from me Norman!

Don't give up - I'm still comparitively new to genealogy and one of the worst technophobes I know.  Having been a Rootschatter for just over a year there's so much I can do now that I couldn't in the beginning, and I learn something new most days.

Just give it time, and never be afraid to ask for help.  The people on here are genuinely happy to assist and so friendly.

Good luck!

Mrs. T.
Rogers: Sussex
Sanders/Saunders: Brenchley, Kent
Hales: Navenby, Lincs
Lidbetter: Sussex
Burns: Birmingham/Weston-super-Mare
Gray/Stocks: Weston-super-Mare
Hayden
Bubb: Kent
Ward: Notts