Author Topic: Deaths in Coldstream :)  (Read 17495 times)

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
Re: Deaths in Coldstream :)
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 14:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks a lot, Barbara! I hadn't heard of that lot before. I've just registered and am having a look, will let you know :)

~Edit- I've emailed him now :) Intriguingly, he also has an interest in SCOTT ;) Oh, and GLENDINNING, which a son married... From that brief investigation, I think he could be a descendant of John Brady, but we'll see!
I really hope he answers, I don't know how long ago he registered for this for a start lol

Offline barbara13511

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 17:30 GMT (UK) »
If he doesn't reply in a couple of weeks let me know and I can check with our secretary if he is still a member.

Barbara

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 12 March 12 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Well, nothing, and I looked on the forums and it's deader than a dodo... but I suppose at least I've made a note of my interests in case anyone else pops up in the future.

Offline Richard seahouses

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 13:52 BST (UK) »
Hi-sorry if this has come too late but I have stumbled across a lot of paperwork relating to a purchase of land in Seahouses by William Brady (shoemaker of Coldstream) in 1850.

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 16:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you Richard. I expect that is the son William (1808-1883). Do you have an interest in the Coldstream BRADYs?

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 16:58 BST (UK) »
Hi - no, none that I know of! My grandfather (Edward Fordy White-a relation of Grace Darling) was a builder/roofer in Seahouses. My father died last year and I’ve inherited all the documents passed down through the ages.. there’s a lot of testaments, trustee assignations etc relating to the Brady’s from 1850 and especially John and William Brady and their spouses. 7-8 lengthy documents with a wax-stamp on one so definitely an original. Very interesting information for anyone who is joining the dots on a family tree! I just googled William Brady Coldstream shoemaker and found this forum thread !

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 17:49 BST (UK) »
And there’s a John Glendinning Brady, James Porteous and Adam Brady mentioned too but in 1880 it seems they had already moved to 15 Hayburn Crescent Patrick Glasgow sons of John Brady. What shall I do with all these documents?

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 17:54 BST (UK) »
I’ve found a document that explains why my family has an interest. My great grandparents (Sarah and Jospeh White of Seahouses) seems to have purchased their  property off the benefactors of William Brady’s land in 1921. Paperwork must have been left in the house!

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 18:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you. John Glendinning, James Porteous and Adam were sons of John, son of William Snr, so (half)nephews of my ancestor. It is all very interesting, it is unfortunate that it isn't my line really. That said, I do have a lot of interesting things about my direct BRADY line, probably the most interesting and tragic timeline of my entire tree. I think I did come across a descendant of William Snr's legitimate family once but I don't think we got very far in conversation, if at all.