Author Topic: Fox family  (Read 6978 times)

Offline meabhp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fox family
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 12 February 22 14:53 GMT (UK) »
I'm so sorry only getting back to you now, yes they are the same Lysaths (Lycett, Lysaght, Licied etc etc etc :-)
i am getting somewhere now but still not finding the connection btw the fox and lycett families
happy to chat/share info if u like
thanks
meabh

Offline meabhp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 12 February 22 15:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maggs
Have done a bit of research on this, and got stumped too.
Pelletstown is also known as St. Patricks Navan Road and was a mother and baby home.
On Alice and Thomas marriage cert she is listed as a domestic servant there. Originally from Swinford in Co. Mayo. Her parents were John Donegan and MaryAnne Conmee
Birth cert here https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1896/02180/1825221.pdf
Would love to chat with you and get the descendents of the family into my tree.
We believe that Laurence Fox and Bridget Nolan are my father in laws great great grandparents!

Hi ,

Yes that's the Mooney family , they must have moved to Dublin , my grandfather married in Castleknock Alice donegan my grandmother  , but I can't find any records on her , she passed away in 1973 .  Thomas was a farm labourer , but still had an address at 4 bow bridge , Dublin , thanks for helping me , your a great researcher .

Maggs

Offline meabhp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 12 February 22 15:03 GMT (UK) »

Offline meabhp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 12 February 22 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jodie
Bridget Mooney was named Ann on her birth certificate from 1894 - link here.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1894/02274/1854167.pdf
I could not find her anywhere with the family in the 1911 census, eventually found her recorded as a pupil at St. Joseph's Industrial School in Kilkenny.
I searched exhaustively and pretty sure this is correct
Happy to share other research info on this family if you would like
Meabh

Thank you for getting back to me.
I think it is the right Bridget. I have her marriage certificate and her father is named as Thomas mooney. She is living in dublin at the time, which would fit in with the rest of the family.
There is a half made family tree on ancestry.co.uk and Bridget is listed as being from kildare.
There is only one Bridget around the right time with Thomas as the father and born in kildare.
I thought I'd see if you knew any other info because you can never be sure!!
Thank you for your time
Jodi

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 15 February 22 16:07 GMT (UK) »
So why do you think there is a connection between the Lysath and Fox family and what sort of date are you looking at?