Author Topic: Ducie  (Read 11078 times)

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Ducie
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 19 December 19 14:09 GMT (UK) »
Dathai (Hallo again) - that's where my first (1964 )date came from.  I have one new check that I can make about his birth and that may give us a coincidence.

roly
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 19 December 19 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Did the headstone of Peter Ducie's show his date of death as March 6th 1957?
If so I believe that this is his death record mistranscribed as DUNNE
LINK #100
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 19 December 19 14:33 GMT (UK) »
My info. was not that precise; but your info would knock the 1957 theory on its head.  I now think that 'my' Peter Ducie did die in 1964 - he was born in Carlow town in 1923.  This fits my family archive.  I'm waiting for confirmation from a member of my family.

I'd like to verify the circumstances of his death.  Meanwhile, I've just (honest) received a possible lead to finding Peter's children.

Many thanks.

roly
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 20 December 19 09:06 GMT (UK) »
Have you investigated this death in Kent in 1964?

Peter DUCIE Sidcup Q3 V5b P704 aged 41 (bc1923)

He is listed on the Government Probate Death Index 1960-2019 in 1965

Ducie, Peter of 10 Thursland Road North, Cray, Kent died 2 September 1964 in the grounds of The Hollies, Halfway Street, Sidcup, Kent. Administration London 11 June 1965 to Ellen Patricia Ducie Widow

The Hollies was a children's home at that time LINK

There is a marriage of a Peter DUCIE to an Ellen McNULTY in 1950 Dartford Kent Q2 V5b P993
This couple is in Bexley at different addresses on the register of electors from 1951

There are children born in Kent to this combination of names for parents but are possibly still alive
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 20 December 19 10:25 GMT (UK) »
That's exactly the man.  Many thsnks.  I did have some idea but this has confirmed all previous researh.

Oddly, my half-sister rang me only two days ago to say that she thinks that she's 'found' Peter's children.

roly

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 20 December 19 10:37 GMT (UK) »
Your welcome - hope it all works out with the correct family
Further generations:

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: patrick ducie
« Reply #43 on: Monday 13 January 20 09:44 GMT (UK) »
A puzzle...Patrick Ducie, b. 1885 to Thomas and Teresa, Carlow, married a Margaret Skelly in Dublin in 1916.

There are WWI records which show that Patrick was discharged as unfit in 1917...There is also a war record indicating that he died in 1917.  However, another record, in the Irish genealogical archives, giving the date of death of Margaret as 1965 (details are not precise but age-dates tally) also gives the name of a son, James, who was present at the death.  The only James I can find was born in 1920 (just in case: Patrick's brother, James, was born in 1895 and later went to America).

Obviously, there is a a problem here.

I'm wondering if the 1917 date of death is accurate.  The war records are not absolutely clear.  And another Patrick Ducie died in Dublin in 1927...

Help.

roly

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!