Author Topic: Ancestral Books - how reliable?  (Read 7141 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestral Books - how reliable?
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 29 January 12 05:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

Just a thought! If things turn to the worst scenario thinkable ! if one pays by Credit card (Not Debit) you get some protection I think!  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline zimmerhe

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 13 January 13 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Do not order from this company! I wish I would have seen the BBB post before I sent them my money. I have put a complaint in with the BBB to add to the rest of them. I ordered 3 books from them on November 4 2012. They supposedly sent it to the wrong address first, then I received only one of the three books I ordered on December 24 2012. I have sent multiple e-mails since then with no reply to date.

Offline GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 13 January 13 23:17 GMT (UK) »
Consider instead of buying in these books, or looking for copies on www.archive.org or Google Books, looking in a variety of libraries. The Society of Genealogists is a treasure trove of family histories and research notes, pedigrees, birth briefs and documents. Local FHS and local studies libraries will also hold interesting collections.

There's also a lot digitised on Family Search - follow the links to Books and search from there.
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan