Author Topic: William Prosser and Minnie Carter Abergavenny  (Read 16944 times)

Offline Borthwick1967

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Prosser and Minnie Carter Abergavenny
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 26 September 21 17:12 BST (UK) »
I hope i can jump in on this post as im new to this site:

im looking to trace the Military history of: Wilfred Prosser ( My Grandad-no middle name? TBH im not sure)born in Artillery SE Wales, he had a brother named Victor and Mother named Carter ( Minne ? not sure).They joined the Leominster regiment to avoid the pits, and on the condition of a catholic regiment from his parents.Wilfred was to young to join (14yrs) and to get in he was given the task of bugle player! ( have a picture) understand they both saw action in France, to what end i dont know- i understand he was a medical orderly or stretcher bearer? he did mention he had to put colored ribbons on injured soldiers dependent on the severity of the injury. He didn't mention the war much but did bring back a rifle bayonet which he gave to me and the horror of my parents ( long since lost) I have a few pics of him.

I do have a picture of him buy a tent with a few pals and i understand its was from his time in India? again not sure.

Any advice or direct id much appreciate
Thanks

John Prosser
Staffordshire
UK

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A whole lot of yam-yam, a little bit Irish n Welsh
    • View Profile
Re: William Prosser and Minnie Carter Abergavenny
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 18 January 22 13:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi John, have only just come across your post. I believe your Grandad Wilfred was my Nan's great uncle - her Nan was Edith Prosser (married name Jones) and Wilfred was her brother. My Nan has mentioned her uncle Wilf a few times actually and your story about him being a bugle player rings a bell.
Edith and Wilfreds siblings were William, Albert Victor and Adeline. Parents were William Prosser and Minnie Carter.
I cannot send you a private message on here until you have made 3 replies to the forum so when you get this, if you reply I should be able to message you on here and will gladly share what I've got about the Prossers.
Lisa
Plimmer,Lees,Ward,Ellis,Childs,Lowbridge,Newbury,Bird,Miles,Collins,Hees,Jones,Dodd-Wolverhampton. Marsh-Dudley. Miles,Harris,Stroud -Drinkwater-Gloucester. Prosser,Carter,Kirby,Dundon-Abergavenny. Hees,Muller-Germany. Goodman - London. Primmer - Ashby de la zouch.