Author Topic: National Archives, Kew lookup request  (Read 2692 times)

Offline sienna071

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
National Archives, Kew lookup request
« on: Friday 13 January 12 01:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, I've traced back to a Solom Williams, who was born in Demerara, British Guiana in about 1832. His marriage certificate has his trade as Seaman. I have since found this record (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nyggbs/Transcriptions/LisaB/1835CrewofSandbachShips.pdf) which has a Solomon Williams born 1830 in British Guiana. He is a Seaman merchant.

I think it is highly likely that this is the same person and would be very obliged if somebody would be able to look up the Seaman's ticket number provided for Solomon Williams (ticket no. 399.192), in the hope that it provides more information about him. The records would be between his birth in abt. 1830 and 1860 when he was married in Australia. A ship he sailed on was the "Parker" and I believe its official no. is 24017.

I have looked on the national archives website and it has:
Registers of seamen's service and registers of seamen's tickets (1835-1857).
Consult the registers of seamen's service and registers of seamen's tickets, available on microfilm. The registers are in BT 120, BT 112 (name index in BT 119; additional finding aid in the paper Catalogue), BT 113 (name index in BT 114), and BT 116.

Also, if anyone knows if or where there are any records for Demerara I would be grateful..as I think I have come to a standstill with Solom!

Thanks very much,
Sienna.