Author Topic: Notts. hearthtax, Storrs  (Read 7552 times)

Offline marchwind03

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Notts. hearthtax, Storrs
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 January 12 15:20 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Larkspur!  I'm delighted with all the help I've been given already, being new to the site.  I think you must all be like me:  In love with this sort of work.   :D  Since moving away from my old home, I haven't really found anyone else to share my interests with, and I'm terribly excited to have found this site at last.  I hope to be able to help others too!

Thank you for your kindness!

Bonnie

Offline Peter Storr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 22 March 15 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bonnie,
I am a little late getting into this thread as I have just joined this site. You may already have received the information on the SCL Storrs over the last three years as my file on this family has been posted elsewhere for several years. I have separated this line into two files. The first is the from William of 1524 to the present and the second starts Samuel (1640) often referred to as "the immigrant" who is the ancestor of many US Storrs. You are welcome to any of it. I am not related to the family.

Pete Storr

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 23 March 15 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Pete, Welcome.
 Bonnie does not appear to have been active on the site since Feb 2012, which seems a little odd as she was enthusing about it so much, to quote her...
"I haven't really found anyone else to share my interests with, and I'm terribly excited to have found this site at last.  I hope to be able to help others too!"

AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Peter Storr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 23 March 15 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the welcome,

While going through the messages I came across myself as a member in 2005 answering a query on the Sinnington STORRs. I guess I had forgotten that I was forgetful even then; comes with the age.

Pete

Offline marchwind03

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 01:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello Pete, and thank you for your response.  It's true, I haven't been active for a long time.  Shortly after my last post, my nephew and his fiancee' were killed in a horrible accident.  Six months later, my niece died of brain cancer.  A few months later, my 5 year old god-daughter was killed by a drunk driver.  My sister, unable to go on without her children, took her own life this past November.  Sometimes there are reasons why people drop out of things for a while.  Anyway, thank you again, so much, for your response.  I wish you lots of luck with your search.

Bonnie

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Very sorry to hear of the  simply dreadful time you have had Bonnie. I thought something was going on with  you, as you seemed so pleased to have found the site.
 I totally agree there are reasons why sometimes people just drop out, I do hope things have gotten a little better for you, and continue to improve, having lost people dear to me I know how hard it hits and how long it takes to recover, that is of course if we ever can.
 All the very best of wishes for the future.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Peter Storr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 26 March 15 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bonnie,

I guess as we get older, many of us go through bad times. You certainly have had your share.  I too have had a dreadful six months. The last death was in February last and was my youngest son. His death left a wife and two children aged 4 and 10. I find that getting back into something normal, as in my case genealogy, has helped to get my mind off things.

My original offer still stands. when you feel like getting back to your research, contact me if you wish.

Pete