Author Topic: Smiths  (Read 3420 times)

Offline janeo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Smiths
« on: Monday 16 January 12 23:46 GMT (UK) »
my grandad Ben  Smith was born 1885 to John Smith and Annjane Deadman who were married  1883 in Rushnall Staffs .
Samuel Smith was  Johns father  on the marriage certificate .
Ben  born 13 Jan 1885 in Staffs had 2 brothers Nathan and Butty [Sam?] and maybe Jack ? and 4 sisters ,Lemmy, Charity ,Peggy and Sally ,who married Napoleon Gray .
I can't seem to find much info on this lot of Smiths ,are they tied in with the well known and documented Smith gypsy dynasties ?they travelled around the midlands [still do ] Notts ,Staffs ,Warwickshire,Leics and help would be much appreciated, i am going nuts with this side of the family ....Thanks .Janeo
Smith, Wilson ,Elliot ,Ratchford Burnside ,

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Smiths
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 June 12 15:07 BST (UK) »
A branch of the Deadman gypsies went to America. Shane Deadman and Lisa Marie Deadman are on Facebook, you could message them. Not sure about the Smiths sorry.
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).

Offline king otg

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 December 12 14:21 GMT (UK) »
I am not sure if it is the correct Samuel below. The one you are looking for is the son of Miah and Rhoda SMITH although folklore says that he emigrated to America. John and Keziah, below, were parents of Nathaniel’s wife, Drucilla. Nathaniel was Sam’s brother and is easier to locate around Walsall where the DEADMANs were sometimes based. Ben is a typical DEADMAN forename.

SMITH in CENSUS
1861STF-1985/99/31 Nathaniel (29) bsk.mkr, [Drusilla] (28) +2

1871STF-2959/21/36 Matthew [means Nathaniel] (40) Drucilla (35) +3
1871STF-2959/21/36 John (70) Keziah (72) +0
1871STF-2959/21/36 Samuel (33) Alice (50) +1

1881STF-2821/53/42 Nathaniel (49) gipsy, Drusilla (50) +1

1891STF-2245/98/32 Nathaniel (60) pg.mkr, Drusilla (60) +6

TL

Offline janeo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 December 12 18:41 GMT (UK) »
My dad had a Aunt Drucey,he was born 1907 ,Riley is a family name also,my aunt was called Cressanne ,i see the names Crazy ann and Chrysane and i wonder if its the same name different spellings ?Thank you for your info i'm going to follow up ,hopefully get somewhere   Janeo

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 10 August 13 10:13 BST (UK) »
He'll just thought I'd help you you know your grandads sister Sally is my great granny but they were also cousin to my grandad on my mams side he was dick / Richard smith his dad was butty / Samuel smith and his mam Rhoda smith I think they were cousins my grandad had a sister nina / Georgina and a sister Louie and brothers dolphy , N-word /alburt ,wisdom ,archer ,adopted sister Alice her real name was Alice Emily rowland I found her family on Genes Reunited and Sidney hope this can help you I've found dophys family aswell his daughter and granddaughter and I know some of Sidney's grandchildren but that's about it as my grandad dick moved from the midlands years ago and settled in Yorkshire so we don't know much of his family really xxx

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 10 August 13 10:14 BST (UK) »
He'll just thought I'd help you you know your grandads sister Sally is my great granny but they were also cousin to my grandad on my mams side he was dick / Richard smith his dad was butty / Samuel smith and his mam Rhoda smith I think they were cousins my grandad had a sister nina / Georgina and a sister Louie and brothers dolphy , N-word /alburt ,wisdom ,archer ,adopted sister Alice her real name was Alice Emily rowland I found her family on Genes Reunited and Sidney hope this can help you I've found dophys family aswell his daughter and granddaughter and I know some of Sidney's grandchildren but that's about it as my grandad dick moved from the midlands years ago and settled in Yorkshire so we don't know much of his family really xxx
and also I think great grandad butty so I heared had a brother jack smith that was transported

Offline janeo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 10 August 13 19:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks !! that is a breakthrough for me xxx