Author Topic: "COMPLETED" NATT/KAISER marriage South Australia 1884  (Read 9273 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: NATT/KAISER marriage South Australia 1884
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 January 12 05:10 GMT (UK) »
Re EMMA CASH as per Merlin .... CASH EMMA - parents: JOSEPH & JANE d. KATOOMBA 1947#5469

Probate for her estate was granted on 19 May 1947, and her date of death was 31 January 1947 as per the free to search indexes at the NSW SRO at this link  http://investigator.records.nsw.gov.au/

NSW dc's are usually informative, of course depends on the informant's own knowledge.  They include information about the deceased's age, occupation, usual address, any marriage/s, children of the marriage/s, the spouse/s, the parents of the deceased, as well as details of the clergy, funeral director, cemetery.

The cheaper and quicker option for that d.c. would be a transcript from an official transcription agent. (can come as an attachment to your email address) 

Here's the link to the NSW Resources Board, lincluding inks to both the NSW BDM and to the Official Transcription Agents   http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,369703.0.html   (Sorry, I have tried, but cannot make link live, it is a child board of this link http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,399.0.html      :-[  :-[  :-[   )

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 January 12 06:45 GMT (UK) »
Some info that may or not be relevant to your search ;D

A number of NATT brothers emigrated to South Australia. Info from BISA not always accurate or complete.

NATT Charles parents Frederick and Ruth nee BROOKER, born 25 May 1834 KEN ENG, died 1911.
Arrived 1850 on the CONSTANCE
Occupation Market Gardener, Farmer
Lived at Mt Barker   Religion Church of England
Married 31 Aug 1854 Blakiston SA Ann nee HODGSON parents J. Born c1835
Children  Charles c1861-1937, Ernest, dau -by 1911, Hannah DUNKELY 1856-, 3 sons, 2 daughters.

NATT Frederick parents Fredk and Ruth nee BROOKER baptised 27 Feb 1831 KEN ENG. Died 28 Jan 1897 Langhorne Creek, SA
Arrived 1849 on the EMILY
Occupation Farmer    Lived at Langhorne Creek  Religion Methodist, Congrational
Married 27 Aug 1857 Mt Barker SA  Ann nee HENDER Parents Edward and Ann nee ELLIOTT, born 11 Jun 1838 CON ENG
Died 16 Mar 1919 Strathalbyn SA
Children Ann BARRATT 1858-1905, Wm 1860-1931, Betsy 1861-1942 Frederick Thomas 1863-1910, Edward James 1873-1874, Sarah 1874-1946, John Brooker 1875-1957

NATT Joseph parents Frederick and Ruth nee BROOKER
Born 30 Sep 1832 KEN ENG Died after 1878
Arrive 1850 CONSTANCE
Occupation Farmer Lived at Mt Barker, Langhorne Creek  Religion Wesleyan
Married 29 Mar 1865 Adelaide SA Jane nee BONHAM  Parent Abel

NATT Thos Youens Parents Frederick and Ruth nee BROOKER
Born 14 Oct 1844 ENG Died  17 Aug 1904
Arrived 1850 CONSTANCE
Occupation Timber Licensee   Lived Adelaide
Married  Sarah nee BOWDITCH

NATT William Parents Fredrick and Ruth nee BROOKER
Born 3 Mar 1829 Higham KEN ENG Died 1903 Avenue Range SA Buried Lucindale SA
Arrived 1849 EMILY
Occupation Farmer  Lived Langhorne Creek, Lucindale  Religion  Presbyterian
Married 12 May 1854 Bugle Ranges SA Barbara nee ANDERSON Parents Thos/John born 1831 SCT
Died 24 Jul 1922 Avenue Range SA
Children Agnes TUGWELL 1855-1939, Ruth TUGWELL 1857-1942, Barbara THOMAS 1859-1942, Rose MAKIN c1861-,  Janet JAMES 1862-1935, Ellen BEDSON 1865-1940, Matha 1866-1866, William 1866-1926, Thomas William 1868-, Edith JAMES 1869-, Frederick George 1873-1950, Elizabeth TURNBUL(1876-)

KAISER August born c1828 Germany Died after 1894 Religion Lutheran
Arrived 1849 AUGUSTE and MELINE
Occupation Mason Lived Adelaide, Stepney  Religion Lutheran
Married Mary born c1827
Children August M 1852-, Henry Louis Emil 1854-, William Adolph, Charlotte BONHAM 1857-.

BONHAM Abel
Arrived by 1865 SA Lived at Kensington, Norwood
Religion  Wesleyan
Married  unknown
Children Caroline Ann JACKSON c1848-, Jane NATT, others?

Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 19 January 12 07:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Re Charlotte Rose Lush .... Could be Charlotte Rosa LUSH,  if so, likely she was born 12 August 1869 at Iman Valley, a daughter of John Henry Lush and Charlotte nee DENNIS.   Also likely that lass married an Arthur Edward KAISER at the residence of Mrs GRIFFIN, at Hindmarsh 23 August 1897, and that he was possible born 4 July 1866. 

Charlotte Rosa LUSH birth registration and the likely marriage to AN Arthur Edward KAISER is partly indexed at Ancestry.    I think that Ardur Eduard KAIZER’s birth was registered, and is partly indexed at Ancestry.  Perhaps his parents were Carl August Christian KAIZER and Catharina Elizabeth Maria DEPENBRUCK, and perhaps he was born at Stepney.   

So if the 1884 marriage of your Emma NATT to AN Arthur Edward Kaiser on 1 April 1884 is for that same Arthur Edward Kaiser born 1866, then he too would have required consent to marry as he too was not yet 21 years of age.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 19 January 12 07:52 GMT (UK) »
I should have added

The first families 2001 project (yes, it too was all SUBMITTED info and thus would need verifying with certificates) has a Samuel BONHAM into Adelaide in 1849 on the Stebonheath.  His dates cited were 1815 - c1878. 

http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pan/10421/20041220-0000/www.firstfamilies2001.net.au/search.html

Cheers,  JM

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 19 January 12 10:27 GMT (UK) »
Birth
Passenger list STEBONHEATH1849
http://www.slsa.sa.gov.au/fh/passengerlists/1849Stebonheath.htm

Birth
KAIZER Ardur Eduard
4 Jul 1866
Father Carl August Christian KAIZER  Mother Catharina Elizabeth Maria DEPENBRUCK
At Stepney   Ade 33/591

There are numerous births to the above couple with the surname KAISER

Parents marriage - father's names were not recorded on SA marriage certs in 1851.
KAISER Carl August Christian 23 years Status Single  Father's name Unrecorded
DEPENBRUCK Maria Catharina Elisabeth 27 years  Status Single  Father's name Unrecorded.
30 Sep 1851
At the Lutheran Church Klemzig  Ade 11/397

I suggest you search TROVE for the KAISER family.  There are number of KAISER snippets in the South Australian papers.   Arthur features numerous times however now way of knowing if it is your Arthur Edward.  The father August, a mason by trade, appears in a number of snippets.

Cando

Offline c more

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Grandmother
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 12 February 12 03:58 GMT (UK) »
Thanks JM, Merlin and Cando.
All your hard work is greatly appreciated.
I think the Church register is what I need to view.
I am trying sort out a few loose ends relating to the NATT family, this marriage being one of them.
Thanks again
Leonie
NATT: Kent & Australia
HOUGH: Derbyshire & Australia
SEYMOUR: Chelsea London & Australia
AISH: Dorset & Australia
WALTERS/WALTER: South Australia & Victoria

Census Information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 06 February 15 13:35 GMT (UK) »
With thanks to Mod Sarah

Parents marriage - father's names were not recorded on SA marriage certs in 1851.
KAISER Carl August Christian 23 years Status Single  Father's name Unrecorded
DEPENBRUCK Maria Catharina Elisabeth 27 years  Status Single  Father's name Unrecorded.
30 Sep 1851
At the Lutheran Church Klemzig  Ade 11/397

Cando

Hi not doubting the info is correct as found but I wanted to question her status.

I am searching Schumanns and came across this in the Shipping List for the Wilhemina Maria sailed/arrived August 1849

Schumann Friedrich n/a - - -   
  Maria Catharina Elisabeth (Depenbruck) n/a         
Schumann W. n/a - - -   
  wife n/a         
  & family           
Schumann A. n/a - - -   
  wife n/a         
  & family   

Now the only caveat I will apply is that the 2 lower Schumanns have wife as entries where Maria Catharina doesn't. I suggest this is because she was named and the others weren't. (long bow short arrow) I cant see a that it makes a  great difference in the order of the names.

Hope it doesn't throw this thread into chaos..or maybe the game is afoot once more Watson
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: "COMPLETED" NATT/KAISER marriage South Australia 1884
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 07 February 15 00:39 GMT (UK) »
It does help to post the link where you found the information :).
http://www.theshipslist.com/ships/australia/wilhelminamaria1849.shtml

This link give the SCHUMANN male initials.
http://www.slsa.sa.gov.au/fh/passengerlists/1849WilhelminaMaria.htm

The survival rate of South Australian passenger lists is poor and many online lists have been compiled from other resources eg newspapers which published lists of immigrants and early census [1841] and SA bdm's.

Is it possible that she was recorded as spinster in the parish records which I discovered often included widows.  Single ie not married??

I can only transcribe the information as it appears in my resource.

One birth but I cannot find a death for Friedrich.

SCHUMANN Maria Catharina Elisabeth
10 Aug 1851
Father Friedrich SCHUMANN   Mother Maria Catharina Elisabeth DEPENBRUCK
At Kensington   Ade3/256

and her marriage
EYMBERT Wilhelm Albert  32 years  Status single  Father Friedrich EYMBERT
SCHUMANN Maria Katharina Elizabeth  19 years  Status Single
22 Nov 1870
At the residence of August Kaiser, Stepney   Ade 85/324

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article50246496
F Schumann and family

From Biographical Index of South Australians - not 100% accurate nor complete but an excellent resource to start your SA research.

KAISER August born c1828 Germany  Died after 1894
Arrive 1849 AUGUST AND MELINE
Occupation Mason
Lived Adelaide, Stepney.  Religion Lutheran
Married Mary born c1827
Children August M 1852-, Henry Louis Emil 1854-, William, Adolph and Charlotte BONHAM 1857-.

According to SA BDM their children were August Martin 1852, Henry Louis Emil 1854,  Charlotte 1857,  Catherine Charlotte 1859 and Andrew Freidrich Wilhelm 1861 all born at Stepney.

If you wish to follow this up I suggest you contact
http://www.lca.org.au/archives.html
Genealogy and family history research
The parish registers contain information on births, baptisms, confirmations, marriages, deaths and burials of people who were associated with the Lutheran Church. These are extremely valuable for family history research. To assist researchers a Church Records Computer Database Index has been prepared. A printout of the surname provides the researcher with an index to entries with that surname in the parish registers. This enables the researcher to quickly locate those records which may be useful. There is an additional charge for this service.

Cando

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "COMPLETED" NATT/KAISER marriage South Australia 1884
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 07 February 15 12:42 GMT (UK) »

I can only transcribe the information as it appears in my resource.

Cando

Quote from: dgibbins02
Hi not doubting the info is correct as found but I wanted to question her status

As I noted

It was something I came across that didn't match what I had seen with the Ship List and wished to point it out. What is done with it is for others.

Thank you for the tip on the link .. will do  :)

Thank you for the other information. I had also noted this other info in earlier searching  but it didn't add to my search for  Ferdinand Schumann and his daughter Auguste Ada Schumann who married Robert Gibbins in 1866.

Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072