Author Topic: ballyduff help needed  (Read 1836 times)

Offline s fortuna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ballyduff help needed
« on: Friday 20 January 12 01:58 GMT (UK) »
i am from the usa , but i have a past life call from Ireland , it is my true home . but i need help on info from a place that we stopped at.
 i have had a feeling to bury me on a hillside in the country for many years , while on a trip to ireland , and a totally random stop i found it . it was such a strange feeling to find this . attached are pics of this place . if any one can help me with info so i can , be put where i belong in the end , my true home of Ireland . please help . it would mean the utmost to me , that i can know that i will go home

Offline s fortuna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ballyduff help needed
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 January 12 02:14 GMT (UK) »
some more info . it is off of a main road , and the were some farm buildings there . the pic is the old section there was a newer section closer to the road

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 January 12 21:17 GMT (UK) »
I just did a google search and came up with these bits - am not sure if they will be able to help you but may point you in the right direction.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_stewart/4295088221/

http://bduffns.scoilnet.ie/historybook.pdf

Tara

Offline Summerhill

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 21 March 12 22:23 GMT (UK) »
If you contact Kerry County Council Headquarters, Tralee Co. Kerry, who are responsible for the upkeep of the cemetery, they should be able to give you exact location of this cemetery. Also what town or village it may be close to.
 Once you have established where this cemetery is near to , you could try to contact the local parish priest if Roman Catholic or Local Church of Ireland Rector,
who would be able to give you further details about arranging burials etc. Kerry Co. Council should be able to give you those details also, or if they do not have that information, they should have details of local undertakers who could point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps.