Author Topic: Mary Strawberry b Desoronto, Ont 1865 d Flower Station, Ont 1947  (Read 16182 times)

Offline droughan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Strawberry b Desoronto, Ont 1865 d Flower Station, Ont 1947
« Reply #63 on: Saturday 20 January 24 06:32 GMT (UK) »
Sorry didn't know how to post to group so I just replied to your post, hoping to get the message out

FYI: TO ALL RESEARCHERS OF MARY ANN STRAWBERRY/MOON/LONG/ALEXANDER and whatever other names she goes by.

Her parents are NOT Larry or Jerry Laframboise Rosberry and Feby Larbo or Jarbo (both names spelt wrong as well). They did not die in a fire or on the same day. Everyone is so busy copying other peoples information, but not checking to see if they are facts by verifying them to the records. How do I know? Because this is my husbands line and I have been researching it for 30 years. The following below should help explain the confusion, as there we 2 Marys from 2 brothers who were my husbands gr grandfather and gr grand uncle and their daughters were married to Angus and Frank St. Pierre. Mary Moon Strawberry is second wife of Angus but not related to my husbands side. see below for details of where everyone belongs...

My husband's family...

Nicolas Laframboise 1780-1859
Married
Marie Josephte Fauteau 1792-1859

They had 2 sons that are connected to the St. Pierre’ family

1st son Antoine Maxime Laframboise 1826-1914 my husbands gr grandfather
Married 1st wife
Marie Domithilde Jarbeau Leblanc 1835-1858

Their daughter
Marie Domithilde Laframboise 1853-1893
Was 1st wife of Francois Xavier St. Pierre 1849-1926 This is Angus’ older brother

Their children were…

Harriet Mathilde
Joseph Francis Xavier (Frank)
William Henry
Anna Jane
Edward Cyleste
Frederick Alford
Andrew Napoleon Paul
Ellen Gertrude
Francis Xavier Stewart
Baby

2nd wife Angeline Gervais
-------------------------------
Now, the 2nd son of
Nicolas Laframboise 1780-1859 listed above
and
Marie Josephte Fauteau 1792-1859
was
Jeremiah Laframboise 1830-1904 (aka transcription error Larry/Jerry Laframboise/Rosbery)
Married
Eupheme Jarbeau 1832-1912 (aka transcription error Feby Larbo/Jarbo)

They had a daughter…
Marie Laframboise 1865-1884 died @ 19 of decline after childbirth. Baby Mary died 3 years later
She was 1st wife to
Angus St. Pierre   1857-1934 who is now widowed with a baby.

2nd wife Mary Ann Alexander Moon Long Strawberry Laframboise Mohawk woman 1865-1947
Orphaned bet 4 and 6 years of age so 1869-1871 and brought to Golden Lake by an Algonquin family and then adopted by the Anderson family who were white. Mr. Anderson worked in Renfrew as a logger will have to double check that.

Mary was Angus’s 2nd wife and their children were…
Beatrice
Mary
William
Napoleon
Angus
Xavier
Francis
Harriet
Joseph
Thomas Joseph
Benjamin Alphonse
John Henry
Louise
Fredrick
Francis Fred
Edward Rankin
Arthur Cecil

I’m guessing the story of Mohawk Mary was told many years later as the family was trying to figure out who all of these Mary Laframboise’s were and the confusion may have been because the 2 Mary’s were both related and just happened to marry st. pierre brothers. Not much is known about Angus's 2nd wife Mary Moon /anderson....

My guess is that her father was Paul Long from the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory near Deseronto based on multiple record searches. Angus's kids records have their mother listed as Long (assuming maiden name as no records could be found of a marriage to a Long, and Alexander (which would have been her adoptive parents surname. One document did list her father as Paul, which would make Paul Long her dad? Just another clue. Pass it on. Good luck to the person who finds Mary Long Moon Alexander Strawberry's parents documented somewhere!

Offline droughan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Saturday 20 January 24 06:48 GMT (UK) »
Angus St. Pierre/Sampur etc, his parents were Peter St. Pierre and Hermine Mary Lancombe Marriage
29 Sep 1840 • Louiseville, Maskinongé, Quebec, Canada

Offline droughan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Saturday 20 January 24 07:01 GMT (UK) »
Wondering where Strawberry came from as Laframboise is Raspberry in english.

Offline droughan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Saturday 20 January 24 08:15 GMT (UK) »
Wrong parent connection. Feby and Jerry are not Mary Moon Long Anderson Strawberry's parents. They are parents of Angus St. Pierrie's 1st wife Mary Laframboise. Jerrys brothers daughter Mary was married to Angus's brother Francis. 1st wife of Angus Mary Laframboise died at 19 yrs shortly after birth of their child Mary who died at abt 3 yrs old. Mary Strawberry is 2nd wife of Angus.  See my recent post, explains connection.

Might be Febe in 1851 although Gower township, Carleton
with no father in household transcribed as Gerba, but written Gerbo on image and says place of birth "F" so just marked French ( French Canada or just ethnicity?) http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/census52/SplitView.jsp?id=1434
Joseph 23
Febe    18
Mary    58
Dulfuss 29 ( Delphis in 1899 m. of son Francis JARBEAU*, Palmerston http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~maryc/north99.htm )
  Harriot 23
  Harriot 3
  Roselie 2
( Boselle*?)says age 1 but also marked as labourer???
 ( Jeremie LAFRAMBOISE & Euphemie JARBEAU* son Bazile's marriage )

* also used Garbeau, Gerbeau