Author Topic: Lost Mary Mackie born Dunnottar / Stonehaven about 1812/13/14  (Read 4689 times)

Offline tkgafs

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lost Mary Mackie born Dunnottar / Stonehaven about 1812/13/14
« on: Saturday 21 January 12 10:41 GMT (UK) »
I am currently trying to help an eldery friend research her family, and we have hit a brickwall

I am trying to find the birth of a Mary Mackie born about 1812-14 in Dunnottar / Stonehaven area but so far have had no success

I think she marries a William Wyness in Udny 26 Oct 1834, and they live in Aberdeen

and on the Aberdeen cenus records she states the following

1841 born 1811 Scotland
1851 born 1812 Dunnottar
1861 born 1813 Kincardineshire
1871 born 1812 Stonehaven

but I cant find a birth in the OPRs or the IGI

there is a couple Alexander Mackie and Mary Rodgers who might be the parents, they seem to be the only likely couple in Dunottar, they have a daughter Jean born 1818 whose birth record can be found and a son Alexander born around 1809 who can be found via census records, although no obvious birth record for him seems to exist.

If anybody has any ideas I'd be very grateful

Tkgafs

Offline tkgafs

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Mary Mackie born Dunnottar / Stonehaven about 1812/13/14
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 January 12 12:37 GMT (UK) »

Mary's death cert gives a father of Alexander Mackie occupation Wincey Weaver, but her mother is unknown and unrecorded.

So it looks likely that her parents may well have been Alexander Mackie and Mary Rodgers (which may be spelt Roger, Rogers, Rodger, Rodgers etc etc)

she died in March 1881 and her age is given as 71 giving a possible birthyear of about 1810.

any help gratefully received

Tkgafs