Author Topic: Rev William Morris (Archdruid) and John Morris (HMI)  (Read 3356 times)

Offline wmffra

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rev William Morris (Archdruid) and John Morris (HMI)
« on: Saturday 21 January 12 20:46 GMT (UK) »
At my grandfathers funeral in Bethel, Richard Jones, late of Felin Uchaf, Pentir in May 1943, there were present John Morris HMI and a cousin of his, another John Morris who was a senior  policeman in the Liverpool Constabulary. They told my father that they were there because they were close relatives of our family.
John Morris also told my father that we had Spanish blood in our veins. I know that John Morris and his siblings were born in Manod , Blaenau Ffestiniog.
I have failed as yet to find any links in our families.
Wmffra

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Rev William Morris (Archdruid) and John Morris (HMI)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 January 12 00:10 GMT (UK) »
With surnames such as Jones and Morris in Wales - you would need to provide a lot more info to enable any connections to be found

Your header says
Rev William Morris (Archdruid) and John Morris (HMI)

What does HMI stand for please?

Where does the Rev William Morris fit in as no further mention of him is made in your main post.  Was he the father of John Morris?

For either of the John Morris's to be first cousins to your grandfather - two of your grandfathers aunts (paternal or maternal) will have married a Morris

If they were not first cousins - then you may have a lot of problems finding a connection

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline GwynethAnn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 September 12 22:01 BST (UK) »
I have just found quite by chance this mention of my great uncles Reverend William Morris and his brother John Morris HMI.  There is a strong family connection to a Jones family.  So if I can help please feel free to contact me
Gwyneth. 

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 12 September 12 23:25 BST (UK) »
HMI - His/Her Majesty's Inspector [of Schools]
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan

Offline Dolgellau

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 14 September 12 04:39 BST (UK) »
If you are related to Archdruid William Morris this book may be of interest to you : Un o'r Teulu
Glenys Roberts : Conway and Caernarfon in the twenties and thirties by the daughter of the late Reverend William Morris, former Archdruid of Wales. Black-and-white photographs. ISBN: 9780860741060

The text is in Welsh, but the book contains a number of family photographs, it is a vailiable for £4.50 from Gwales 
http://www.gwales.com/goto/biblio/en/9780860741060/