Author Topic: Chas R H Pickard & son Leeds  (Read 887 times)

Offline maggie b

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Chas R H Pickard & son Leeds
« on: Sunday 22 January 12 16:08 GMT (UK) »
I have a black &white postcard left by my late Mother of staff busy working in the office of Chas R H Pickard & Son Leeds; on the back is recorded 1935. Does anyone have any idea of the nature of the firm's business and where it was situated?
Thanks Maggie B

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Chas R H Pickard & son Leeds
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 January 12 16:27 GMT (UK) »
If you search on Google for "Chas R H Pickard & Son Leeds" (the exact phrase, including the quotes), as well as a result for this thread you will find references to some used postcards for sale, suggesting that they were photographers/printers/publishers.

If you repeat the search without the quotes you'll get a few more results, including one at the Yorkshire Film Archive which indicates that in 1933 they produced a film of the opening of Leeds Civic Hall by King George V.

I can't tell you where their premises were, though.

Arthur
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline maggie b

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Chas R H Pickard & son Leeds
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 10:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Arthur for supplying interesting leads. I'm not sure of the connection between my mother or indeed her family to the company.....yet another mystery to investigate in researching the family history!
best wishes
Maggie B