Author Topic: Mary or Anna Maria  (Read 5613 times)

Offline Colur

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary or Anna Maria
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 18:24 GMT (UK) »
Eadaoin and Shane,
Thanks for that. It is really great news to know that the St Michael’s Register is available after all and might throw some light on the subject.
The NLI is my next stop, hopefully towards the end of this week or early next.

Thanks for trying Adee, it’s nice to know that I wasn’t missing anything  obvious in my search as I wasn’t able to find anything about her marriage either nor could I find anything about the births of her two children Joseph or Mary. I took out a subscription to the Irish Newspaper Archives and couldn’t find any details of her or her husband Francis’ deaths so her life, post the 1911 Census, might remain a mystery but not just yet as I WILL keep trying.
An added incentive for me to restore Anna Maria Kavanagh to her rightful place in our family history is that in 1908 she was my dad’s Godmother so hopefully the Library or the GRO will finally close this one for me.
Thanks again Folks for all your great help and advice. 

John.                            
Comiskey,Hatton, Bell, Byrne.

Offline Colur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 January 12 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Well Folks, I am glad to announce that Anna Maria has been restored to her rightful place in our Family Tree.
I went to the G R O this morning, my first visit, and what a pleasant experience it was.
Armed with the marriage date of 25th February 1904 I began my search with the first quarter of that year. Straight away a Mary Comiskey showed, in fact two of them and my heart missed a beat. Luckily enough there was no matching Francis Kavanagh. I continued on through the remainder of the year with no result.
I then took down the 1905 Register and on reaching February I immediately saw Anna Maria ComEskey. Quickly flicking over to the K’s I quickly located a Francis Kavanagh with the same volume and page number.
I am now the very proud owner of the marriage cert for Anna Maria dated 25th February 1905 and guess who her bridesmaid was? none other than her sister Mary, the girl who all the confusion was about.
Putting in the surname with an E on Familysearch gives the result so with the great help I received here another brick wall has been torn down.
Once again, many thanks.

John

Offline ourgang

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 January 12 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Well done John we know how you feel. I have spent many a happy hour in the GRO.
McGuirk, Jordan of Wicklow
Carr of Liverpool
Connor of Blackrock

Offline BenAtar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 13 July 15 20:55 BST (UK) »
Hi John,
My name is Ben, I live in Dublin and I believe we share great grandparents - James Comiskey and MaryAnn Merriman!
So, if you are still active on this forum please reply, I can see you have done tons of research and I would love to communicate with you regarding the Comiskey family in particular.

Regards,

Ben

Offline Colur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 20:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Ben,
I am still here and have replied to your P M just now.

Good luck with your research. Talk soon.

John.