Author Topic: Irish & Italian Grandparents in Alexandria Egypt  (Read 13019 times)

Offline Foleytracker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Irish & Italian Grandparents in Alexandria Egypt
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 13 April 23 14:02 BST (UK) »
Bonron
I've done more research and the marriage you think happened in 1935 between Edward Patrick Foley and Eleanor Mabel Humbley was not that of Mario.  The Foley in that marriage was born in 1897 in Silvertown Essex.  This maybe why the father's occupation is stated as police inspector rather than Clerk/Ship's Clerk as you know it to be.  The more likely marriage was in 1944 in Cairo to a name I have but won't state on the offchance she's living.

Offline bonron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 26 April 23 16:42 BST (UK) »
Dear Clint,

Well this is so confuseing, you say the marriage in 1935 , is not that of Mario,can i just say the marriage certificate i have of 1935, clearly states the marriage took place at kensington register office of march 1935,which also gives the profession of Mario as a wrestler and a boxer as indeed he was,along with the fathers names and addresses, and Edward Patrick Foley's father 's profession as police inspector

were did you get your information that this is incorrect

Ron

Offline Italiannirish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 15 December 23 23:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,  my name is Angela, and Edward Patrick Foley was my maternal grandfather, whom I met many times growing up in Willesden.  My Mum, was his 2nd daughter, she sadly passed aged 83 in 2018. Yes my grandfather was a wrestler,  and born in Alexandria, Egyot. This is definitely correct, him and my Nan lived in Willesden High Road Brent for awhile. I am very interested in any news . Thanking you. Wishing you A very Merry Christmas 🎅