Author Topic: Maybe a new pair of eyes can help COMPLETED THANK YOU  (Read 4404 times)

Offline artisann

• RootsChat Veteran
  • For all the help I have received ..
    • View Profile
Maybe a new pair of eyes can help COMPLETED THANK YOU
« on: Monday 23 January 12 14:19 GMT (UK) »
I seem to have come to a full stop!!
I have a Matthew Geraghty (my great grandad) married to Mary nee Curley I know he was married to Mary in 1887 as I have my grandads birth cert.Grandad was born in Stonepark Roscommon. I cant find out who or where Mary came from...can anyone through a light on this as i dont have a date when they got married or when Mary died to ask for  cert.
Matthew's second wife Hanoria nee Breheny no marriage cert held at roscommon certs office.
Also the 1911 census states 6 children born 6 children living but i can only account for 5....am i missing somthing....maybe like i said a new pair of eyes can get me going on my tree again.
PS Matthew Geraghty lived in Stonepark Roscommon.
Many thanks for reading this thread.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe a new pair of eyes can help
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 January 12 14:42 GMT (UK) »
I have a Matthew Geraghty (my great grandad) married to Mary nee Curley I know he was married to Mary in 1887 as I have my grandads birth cert.Grandad was born in Stonepark Roscommon. I cant find out who or where Mary came from...can anyone through a light on this as i dont have a date when they got married

was the possible marriage cert mentioned in the older thread the correct one ?

Re: Geraghty poss married twice

It should show places of residence for the bride and groom, and father's names and occupation which would help your search for earlier details.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline artisann

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 January 12 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Shane i think i have got a bit mixed up here so sorry!!! I have the marriage cert for Matthew and Hanoria they were married in 1895, Hanoria Fathers name was Michael Breheny and it looks like they came from Fuerty...so sorry to have got all mixed up in writing my first thread..i will check out your reply now once again so sorry..

Offline artisann

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 January 12 14:58 GMT (UK) »
Shane can you come up with anything on the marriage of Matthew to Mary nee curley thats what i really need to find out and where or who she was ...so sorry for prev mistake !!! I had in my head to try and find out more about the Breheny's .....feeel really bad and a bit stupid....

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 00:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,

in the other thread that Shane has linked, he found a possible marriage for Matthew and Mary - this is a copy:

as a one-off experiment, I checked all the Jan-Mar 1885 marriages in the Roscommon district and believe I can suggest the 8 names that appear on the page - i.e. 4 marriages ...

Volume 3 / Page 313 / Jan-Mar 1885 / Roscommon

Grooms

Mathew Geraghty
  Joseph Connor
  James Nolan
  Michael Kenny

Brides

Sarah Carey
  Jane Finneran
  Kate Cormican
  Maria Curley

Shane
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline artisann

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 00:10 GMT (UK) »
Heywood you have been so good a big thank you for all you have done.  :) Mathew Geraghty and Maria Curley ( I noticed a diff spelling to the one I have) this could be the one I will send for that Marriage cert ...Thank you  :)

Offline artisann

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe a new pair of eyes can help COMPLETED THANK YOU
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Shane & Heywood
I was on the wrong track with Mary Curly...
On a birth cert of one of her children its says mother Mary Curly, I followed the name you both gave me Maria Curley and hey!!! the marriage cert says Maria Curley.
Thank you both so much :)