Author Topic: Anderson, Mollosund Sweden - Confirmations if possible, please?  (Read 4964 times)

Offline Deb D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm not over 40 ... I'm 39.95 plus tax!
    • View Profile
Anderson, Mollosund Sweden - Confirmations if possible, please?
« on: Tuesday 24 January 12 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Some time ago, I made contact with someone who (1) spoke Swedish, and (2) reportedly had access to Swedish births, deaths and marriages.  This person looked up my Fredric Bernhard Anderson, born about 1839 (if his Australian Naturalisation papers are to be believed) or perhaps a bit earlier (according to my Swedish source) in Mollosund, Sweden.  According to family legend, he "jumped ship" during the early 1870s, to settle in Australia - and I think I've found his arrival in the shipping records.

My contact gave me Fredric's parents as August Anderson (aka Bruhn, apparently at the whim of the Swedish Army!) and Regina Maria Carling.  Other children of August and Regina were Nicolaus August b. abt 1829, David Emil b. abt 1831, Charlotta Sofia b 23/3/1833, Carl Wilhelm b. 1834, Augusta Maria b. 3/6/1842, and Andrietta Elisabet b. 26/9/1843.  Of these, Charlotta, Carl, Augusta and Andrietta were also known as Bruhn, ... and all the children were born in Mollosund, with the possible exception of Andrietta, who may have been born in Uddevalla after the family moved there.

The difficulty I have is that I have lost contact with the lady who gave me the information, and no documentary evidence was sent to me.  So it would be great if someone could confirm (or deny) all this information - perhaps with some indication of where I might find documents or copies?  Additionally, if anyone could find the parents of August and Regina, it would obviously be a huge bonus.

Many thanks to any who might try to help :)
I live in Sydney, Australia, and I'm researching: Powell, Tatham, Dunbar, Dixon, Mackwood, Kinnear, Mitchell, Morgan, Delves, & Anderson

Offline kaysii

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anderson, Mollosund Sweden - Confirmations if possible, please?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 19:09 GMT (UK) »
I'm afraid I can't help you much I don't have access to Swedish records and family search only had your Frederik Bernhard Anderson in pedigree files which don't give the parish record references.

However family search has recently added Swedish parish registers at the end of December on their site, but unfortunately West Götaland County records are not there. Not sure if they will come later or not.

You could alternatively try one of the Swedish family history fora and find out if someone there can help you.

Best wishes kaysii

Offline Deb D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 January 12 00:18 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Kaysii - yep, I'd found the FamilySearch records, but as you say, they don't give much.  I'm muddling through Swedish FH forums at the moment. Looking, looking, looking!
I live in Sydney, Australia, and I'm researching: Powell, Tatham, Dunbar, Dixon, Mackwood, Kinnear, Mitchell, Morgan, Delves, & Anderson

Offline janrm

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Pre 1905 Union flag, "Sildesalaten"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 25 January 12 14:35 GMT (UK) »

Fredrik Bernhard, born Feb 24, bap. March 4, 1838, as far as I can see....

"Doing Norway and a bit Sweden...!"

Offline Deb D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 25 January 12 23:14 GMT (UK) »
OH WOW!  Thank you thank you Jan!

Ermmm ... is it possible to translate it?  :-[

Offline janrm

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 26 January 12 13:02 GMT (UK) »

A bit harder than Norwegian for me, but here's an attempt:

Rustvaikten? August Bruhns and Regina Maria Carlings son Frederic Bernhard.
G(odparents?) Anders Larsson in Låfsbo, Peter Larsson at Molløsund,
Britta Søderstrøm in Låfsbo, Maid Johanna Larsson at Molløsund M. 29

J

Offline Deb D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 27 January 12 05:34 GMT (UK) »
Ooooh!  Thanks heaps, Jan - greatly appreciated!  :D

Offline janrm

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 27 January 12 09:25 GMT (UK) »
You welcome!

Augusta Maria is also found, but she's born Jan 3, 1842, bap two days later....

J

Offline Deb D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 27 January 12 12:49 GMT (UK) »
Interesting - I wonder if my earlier contact had mis-read or mis-heard the birth date (had it in June - "Jan" mis-read as "Jun"?).  Thanks again.

By the way, ... In the records that you've found, was Augusta Maria baptised as an Anderson, or as a Bruhn?